125coues

goulds turkeys

Just wondering which unit is best to hunt goulds in .I am thinking about 35a or 29 just which one has the best population .you see my wife bought me the commissioners tag for turkey last year at the Az Elk Society banquet and i am going to start scouting/hunting them next month.so any one who has any input would be appreciated.

Thanks Mark

Saw these in 29, but that was before the fire went through...

post-8681-0-68709900-1360656379_thumb.jpg

There are a good number of birds in both units. Most of the captures for relocations to other units come from 35A & 35B. I went on a capture a few years ago and we caught close to 40 birds in one net but still missed more than half the flock. I have hunted 29 for leftover deer the last 3 years and there are birds everywhere and we are seeing more turkey every year even after the fire. East side (east turkey creek) west side (pinery canyon) and south side (rucker canyon) even on top (rustlers park).

You should have no problem in either unit.

How many points to draw now days...?

It takes max to draw in the bonus pass after that its just the luck of the draw. I knew someone that drew with 4 pts.

I think goulds is up to somewhere around 12 for max points.

Thanks Sundevil! I was just up in your neck of the woods. Eagar.

After the fall draw 15 pts was the max, 12 residents and 2 non-res. I would bet after the spring draw the max for turkey is now 16 pts.

After the fall draw 15 pts was the max, 12 residents and 2 non-res. I would bet after the spring draw the max for turkey is now 16 pts.

WOW - 16 - HOLY COW. Glad I already got mine.