Sign in to follow this  
AverageJoe

Fellowship of Christian Hunters

I have been thinking about a post from last month that Coach had posted and it received many good replies and I think it helped us all in our struggle for faith in the modern age. In my daily routine I do not talk to many Christians and very few hunters. Sometimes I feel like I am alone in this world but the thread Coach posted helped me realize I am not alone and in fact there are plenty of men and women out there who are just like me. I think it is vital for Godly men and women to have fellowship with one another and encourage one another in life.

I would like to start up an organization where hunters can get together once a month, maybe more, maybe less, and just talk about God, their faith issues, life struggles, etc...and also talk about hunting and all the fun stuff that comes with hunting. It would be a non-denominational, no perfect people type organization. Coues Whitetail is a great way for us to talk about it online but it would be nice to be able to meet face to face and know we are not alone out there. I also would like for the organization to be able to help out in other areas regarding wildlife/hunting in regards to volunteering for different events, etc. Maybe even have a website to post product reviews, videos of different hunts, etc...

I know people are spread out all over this state so maybe there could be satellite groups throughout the state and those groups could all get together once or twice a year for a camping trip, conference, sportsman exhibit etc. I am just throwing the idea out there right now to see how many would be interested in something like this.

If you would be interested in something like this please let me know. If you have any other ideas to go along with this, feel free to share as well. If there is already a well known group like this please let me know as well. I do not know of any so i thought it would be a good idea.

Jason

• Like 4

Theres actually a group called Desert Christian Archers, based out of Calvary church out here in phoeinx! If any of you are interested let me know! Its a GREAT group of guys, and some real killers!!

• Like 2

I am in for the gilbert or mesa, chandler chapter

Theres actually a group called Desert Christian Archers, based out of Calvary church out here in phoeinx! If any of you are interested let me know! Its a GREAT group of guys, and some real killers!!

Yes, this is a greoup group of Christian outdoorsmen for all people and not just bowhunters. I am also in!

Mike

I'm a god fearing non church going man, this sounds like something I could get into.

Exactly what i was thinking. I am kind of burned out on typical churches so i have just not gone in a few years. I know i need to be around other godly men for my walk with God to be healthy so that is why i want to start this up. Thank you all for the responses. I will look into further now and decide what to do. Maybe those of us interested can all meet in the phoenix area in a month or so and go over what is important in a group like this. I will post more as i come up with more.

Jason

• Like 1