matthewp45

Anyone have any stories from this weekend?

Just checking to see if anyone had any good stories from this weekend?? I so bring them on.

I missed a coyote on sat. evening. Saw lots of elk but no shooter bulls. That burn area in 22n has really grown up the past few years. Another 5 years or so and it will be to thick to hunt in there anymore. :(

After falling asleep friday in 6b I awoke to see a doe defending her fawn from a yote.All the comotion only 30 yards from me.Also saw two huge mulies that wouldn't let me get close enough to shoot.Thats ok though,the only way I was going to give up my nov rif hunt in 36b was to shoot a monster.By the way Bowhunter 12 came into camp and introduced himself,good kid and was very eager to get his first buck.Hope he had fun!!!

Just checking to see if anyone had any good stories from this weekend?? I so bring them on.

Yeah im new to the sight, but I went out opening morining and saw six bucks three of them that were toads but no luck on any shots at them. I was planing on going back at the first of the week and trying to get anothert crack at them but plans changed after going out close to home yesterday morning when I found another shooter. I'll post some pictures when I figure out how.

Guided an archery bear hunt here in CA the last four days. Saw 7 bear and put my hunter on a 400lb blonde color phase boar which at 31yds he shot over it's back. Oh well. I'll post pics of the hunt later.

We got up in 6A late on Saturday, and fought quads all weekend. Found a small spike shed laying next to the road, I look like a red lobster from being in the sun all weekend and can't hardley move. It was an awsome weekend! B)

Friday night i saw a 4 point and a spike in unit 6b. Monday i say a 7 by 6 buck but couldnt get close enough. I also say an 8 point and a 6. i saw 5 4 points and drew on one of them but couldnt get the shot off before it walked out of my sight. over the 4 days i was there i saw over 30 deer. But just couldnt get a shot!!The quads were horrible up there.

i thought that this was a bad idea with opening day on holiday weekend and i was right .... everyone and thier uncles brothers step cousin was out in full force :( . So congrats to anyone who was able to get away from the crowds and tag out this weekend...... :D

Opening morning this crazy bear wanted to crawl up in my treestand with me. I threw pincones and sticks down at him, but he kept pawing at my tree ladder, making me real nervous. Finally I spit on him, and he took off fast! Bad breath can be a good thing!

bowsniper

friday went out and didnt see anything! it was hot! we saw 2 does and a coyote. today a buddy of mine and i went out to the same spot. didnt see a single doe.... THEY WERE ALL BUCKS!!!! we saw 8 deer and all 8 were bucks! 3 mulies ( 3x3,2x2 and spike) and 5 whitetail. 3 of the whiteys were forkies and two were nice, one was REALLY nice... 90+. also shot about 5-6 dove in 20 mins of shooting.

Hunted Unit 7. Saw a lot of quads and some deer. Friday evening I spotted a 3 pt. Snuck up on him but he busted out of the area. Continued hunting the area for a couple hours and finally spotted a different 3 pt bedded behind some rocks. Snuck up on him on all fours to about thirty yards. Finally he stood up to peek over the rock at me but he was in some thick pine trees. I estimated him at thirty and let the arrow fly. My arrow hit off some twigs and missed the buck. Sunday evening my brother and I were still hunting an area. I didn't see anything but a coyote walked by my brother and he drilled it at 15 yards. Monday evening I still hunted a different area all afternoon. Didn't see anything until about 6:00 p.m. when I spotted a spike and some does. The buck gave me a broadside shot with a slight angle away at 50 yards. I Drilled him with a pass through and took out about every organ. Overall it was a great weekend!

Spent the weekend down south looking over some coues country. Saw two different coues bucks but neither was big enough to burn a tag on. Checked the trail cameras of which I will post some pictures of later. Good weekend didn't see another person.

Phil

We went out on Sat but got a late start. We wanted to take along our younger cousin who kind of needs some.........direction in his young life. You all know how it is young, LOTS of time on his hands and........you know how the story goes.

We ended up in 36C and turned in to a fun Dove shoot. We saw 4 snakes on the drive in! Seriously they should call that ranch the Snakes Anvil :lol: .

The only bad part of the day was me and my alergies. Man it was beautiful and very green but it was hard to shoot at Doves between sneezes.

The only deer we saw was a fawn that I nearly stepped on. It was near a water hole and I was already freaked out about snakes so I was looking were my feet were going and WOW a tiny, tiny fawn. I mean it was so small you could have covered it up with a 8.5X11 inch sheet of paper. I quickly looked around for mom with no luck. It even looked like a WT but it was hard to tell. We didn't want to even touch it or bother it any more so we let it be and backed out quietly. I really wanted a picture but I figured we had seen enough.

Oh and my young cousin took his first game animal, a nice big Dove!!!!

It was a great day! :D

:ph34r:

Allergies wer bad for me too. I didnt see any deer over the weekend, lots of elk though and even one or two really good bulls. By Sat nite the crowds just got over whelming.