Sign in to follow this  
Seldom Drawn

which bino

I think I have a enough sheds this year to purchase a pair of Swarovski Bino's,

I am wanting your opionin's between the 12x50 and 10x42's.

I already have 15x56 and a great spotter.what do you think.

Seldom Drawn

Now I am more confussed I think the 8,5 x 42 are a little smaller then I was looking for, I guess I

will have to make a trip to the valley and look at them all.

thanks.

1worthlessnut,

I will try this week and post a picture on the shed section.

Seldom Drawn

You have 15's and a spotter, so why go with another big bino? Carry the 8.5's around your neck and use to glass at 500 or less yards. You will like them, trust me. I am a die hard Leica man and I think the 8.5x42 EL's are some of the best binoculars EVER made!

Once you look thru the 12's the 15's will not come out again, the HD lens are so much brighter and crisper than the 15's.... you will use your 12's and your spotter.

I've been shopping for new glass myself. Finally in a position to stop chasing great glass.

I know you're looking at Swarovski, but if you get a chance to check a few out and decide on the 10x42, take a look at the new Zeiss Victory HT.

Un-freaking-believable binocular!!! Color, sharpness, brightness, all exceeding the top scales. Large sweet spot. Smooth focus wheel. Ergonomically it fit great in my hand. Balance was excellent. Man, it was a pleasure looking through this.

This will be my newest 10x's this summer. Just a little more overtime and I'll be there. At $2250 it's not cheap. I'm certain it will be my last pair of 10x's.

Anyways, just another option to confuse you. :)

Well I drew a archery bull tag. so I will be going down to Cabelas or Sportsmans to look at bino's

I have at least 8 sheds I am going to keep.but I think I have around $2.300 In sheds so that should buy me something good.

Seldom Drawn

My vote would be buy the 12s, sell the 15s, keep the spotter and get a smaller pair for around your neck if you feel that is necessary for hand holding. I have the 12s and they only weigh 38 ounces or so. The question is do you feel comfortable hand holding them and/or how much do you expect to hand hold them.

For an archery elk hunt (closer range in the timber/cedars), I would definitely want a pair with lower magnification, larger FOV than 12x

For an archery elk hunt (closer range in the timber/cedars), I would definitely want a pair with lower magnification, larger FOV than 12x

+1 on that for this tag. I only carry 15 but on a hunt like that the 10 would come out. My brother even would use his 7 power ziess cause u don't need a lot of glass to identify a big bull!! Lol the lower power brings in so much light it's way beter in a close / fast pace potential hunt.