Sign in to follow this  
Tines

Am I missing something???

Can someone explain how at least a BP isn't issued if a debit card is rejected when drawing? Seems to me that if they took your application fee (which is all that's needed to purchase a BP) then the right thing to do if a bank rejects the charge would be to issue a BP.

This didn't happen to me. Just hearing stories. Sad that they lose their loyalty point as well.

I know much of these rejections are out of azgfd's hands. But It just seems right that if a card is rejected at the time of draw then at least a BP would be issued (since it was essentially paid for anyway).

If they got charged the $7.50 when they applied, they should still have their bonus point. I would have them print their credit statement and take it to the G&F

just my $.02

Sounds fair to me. That would be a devastating blow to not get drawn and lose your bonus points, especially when you paid the $7.50 anyways.

Just to clarify, these people aren't losing ALL of their points. Just the species point for THAT year and their loyalty point. It's like the NFL "tuck" rule. I can only imagine the game and fish is going to see this as a huge mistake and change it's policy to issuing a BP if a card is rejected at the time of draw (since app fee was paid). That's my hope, anyway

The way I see it. You paid the $7.50 and have a receipt. Therefor the point MUST be given.

Excactly. And maybe a few who've unfortunately gone through this mess can chime in on what they lost and what they didn't.

I think this is a huge injustice. Honestly worst than not getting drawn. With my loyalty point I go into every elk draw with two points. I would hate to have a bank error or fraud, costs me a 2nd bonus point for five years. Huge price to pay and an issue that that needs to be rectified, Take Care JLG.

• Like 1

If you apply using paper and get rejected you lose bonus point and loyalty point too

Yup. This happened to me. One year I applied for just the bonus point but didn't include my hunting license #. They kept the $7.50, no bonus point and lost my loyalty point. Just the way it goes.

I was one of the unlucky people that had the card rejected. When I called the Game and Fish it was a pretty tough blow when I heard that my card was rejected. One because that meant that I would have had a tag if my bank would have somehow let me know that they were sending me a new card. Two because the hunts I had put in for were 27 early archery bull and 27 early muzzleloader bull. And three because now I am heading in to next years draw with one less bonus point then I went in with this year. I am not saying I deserve a tag because I was the one that put in online so I accept that there are risks when putting in online. And it's not AZGFD's fault that my card was rejected. But what I would like is to at least keep my loyalty point as I did try and put in for elk this year and by some weird turn of events my card was compromised a couple days before the draw and my bank didn't let me know. So I had no idea my card was bad until I called my bank the second day cards were getting charged and found out that it was shut off. I could accept not getting a tag and even not getting my bonus point for this years draw but it really stinks that I put in and put in my $7.50 and now I get two less points next year for elk. And now I won't get another loyalty point until I put in for another five years. Sorry if I sound like a crybaby but I really hope that something can be done. I don't expect to get my points back that I lost this year, but I do hope that something will change so someone else will not be sitting in the same seat that I am. I do believe that if it your card was declined for insufficient funds then that is on you and would therefore would not be a valid application, but if it was declined for any other reason then there needs to be some kind of safety net. Especially if they keep offering online applications without charging full fees up front. I understand that there is something that says they can't charge your card without providing a service. And now this is me showing my ignorance on the matter, but they do cash your check if you send it in. Right? Is it something to do with card vs check? If that is the case if they still want to do online apps could they add a payment method where they charge your bank account directly, it would be the same thing as sending them a check I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Jake

I can't imagine card rejections run rampant. I don't believe you should automatically get BP because you didn't pay for it. However, with that being said, I do think G&F should allow to go in and buy the BP and keep loyalty point after the draw if you paid $7.50 and were rejected Due to card or check issues. I believe no one would object To this?

Coach,

I have zero problem with the department keeping the $7.50 if I made a mistake (as minor as it might be) on my app. That's MY fault. And by no means am I suggesting that they MUST give me a my tag either. I just don't see how a BP is lost or removed because a card was dishonored via the bank after the the app fee and app was accepted. Once again, the application was filled out correctly, app fee was accepted, application itself was accepted and essentially a tag was "drawn". But by no fault of the cardholder (if that's the case), the charge was rejected because it looked "fraudulent"? That's fine, don't give me the tag. But how is losing a BP and loyalty point acceptable in this case??

I was one of the unlucky people that had the card rejected. When I called the Game and Fish it was a pretty tough blow when I heard that my card was rejected. One because that meant that I would have had a tag if my bank would have somehow let me know that they were sending me a new card. Two because the hunts I had put in for were 27 early archery bull and 27 early muzzleloader bull. And three because now I am heading in to next years draw with one less bonus point then I went in with this year. I am not saying I deserve a tag because I was the one that put in online so I accept that there are risks when putting in online. And it's not AZGFD's fault that my card was rejected. But what I would like is to at least keep my loyalty point as I did try and put in for elk this year and by some weird turn of events my card was compromised a couple days before the draw and my bank didn't let me know. So I had no idea my card was bad until I called my bank the second day cards were getting charged and found out that it was shut off. I could accept not getting a tag and even not getting my bonus point for this years draw but it really stinks that I put in and put in my $7.50 and now I get two less points next year for elk. And now I won't get another loyalty point until I put in for another five years. Sorry if I sound like a crybaby but I really hope that something can be done. I don't expect to get my points back that I lost this year, but I do hope that something will change so someone else will not be sitting in the same seat that I am. I do believe that if it your card was declined for insufficient funds then that is on you and would therefore would not be a valid application, but if it was declined for any other reason then there needs to be some kind of safety net. Especially if they keep offering online applications without charging full fees up front. I understand that there is something that says they can't charge your card without providing a service. And now this is me showing my ignorance on the matter, but they do cash your check if you send it in. Right? Is it something to do with card vs check? If that is the case if they still want to do online apps could they add a payment method where they charge your bank account directly, it would be the same thing as sending them a check I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jake

I'm with you on that. Insufficient funds, bounced check, whatever..... That's out of their hands and our fault. But it seems to me a pretty simple fix (especially since it's not very common). Rejection description: Card dishonored. Not drawn! Issue a BP. Or worst case, don't issue a BP (and I'd fight this one too). But don't touch the loyalty.....

I do believe you are right. This system sucks.it has never happened to me thank God.I think Colorado has a much better system in place to handle the draw.they should just take out the entire tag fee at the beginning and refund you if you're not drawn.it is sad to hear of all the people that this has happened to, I am considering putting in with a check next time.