Sign in to follow this  
AGFD News

AGFD news Chronic Wasting Disease not found in Arizona deer and elk

wasn't CWD one of the main points of banning baiting - then there own department says we don't have to worry! too SAD!!

I must have read the wrong article because the one above doesn't say there is nothing to worry about. It does say there have been no positve tests yet and I believe they hope that trend continues.

wasn't CWD one of the main points of banning baiting - then there own department says we don't have to worry! too SAD!!

I must have read the wrong article because the one above doesn't say there is nothing to worry about. It does say there have been no positve tests yet and I believe they hope that trend continues.

Yeah well I was in the in the meeting that resulted in a rubber stamp ban on baiting and they based it on Fear mongering of CWD... Just another Big Goverment Spin to create more laws... Pathetic.

• Like 4

This post and report by AZGFD is almost a slap in the face to all AZ sportsman... and I know most don't even look at it that way, but think about it.... just last year they decided that baiting had to be stopped for fear of CWD.... and the Commission agreed with them.... many sportsman figured, "Well they probably know what they are talking about..." Now this report comes out and says EXACTLY what we argued at the meeting... That there was NO DATA to support anything they were saying!!!

Funny actually because I just recently heard that "If" archery harvest numbers crash like they expect they will give rifle hunters more Dec. tags in 2014.... Now we finally got to the ROOT of the issue... the true reason for this BS Agenda!!! This smoke and mirror BS is happening at ALL levels of Government right now under the guise of "It being in OUR best interest".... Well it AIN'T in My BEST Interest, Jack! They are getting paid by us to make laws that don't do anything productive.... They are Pathetic!

Okay... done ranting for the moment... but out freedoms are being stripped one little shred at a time nearly every day in this country... WAKE UP!!!!

• Like 1

Another FUNNY thing is they removed the mandatory kill report for archery hunters. Curious timing to say the least. Now the archery harvest numbers will be whatever they want them to be. No paper trail. Only "math"

• Like 1

I don't mind helping out the good folks at AZG&F. In 2005 I took a mule deer I harvested in 30B, over to the G&F CWD check station in Pearce/Sunsites. This was a voluntary action, and going there was an out of pocket fuel expense for me. I didn't mind doing it. They removed a gland from the neck of the deer for testing. Sent me a lelter, later on informing me the test was negative.

I understand the CWD issue. We don't need it coming to AZ.

However, if there are issues in the Department related to bait and archery hunting, and or, permit numbers, then they just need to man up and say so. Taking away certain hunting privileges, under the guise of CWD is not the way to gain trust and support from sportsman. I would think that CWD could be spread just as easily by animals using waterholes, as it would for any Mineral block or bait spot?

Outcry over the truth, is better than outcry over a lie.

Pretty sad that this only seems to steam about 5 guys on this huge forum... Alarming...

oh yeah, it really steams me! I'm just too sick and disgusted to say anything more.

Mark

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I don't ever recall the G&F stating that there were any documented cases of CWD in AZ. Shouldn't hunters be glad that there were no cases of CWD found in this study? I see no reason why someone would get upset with the G&F over this. I say good on ya G&F for being on top of things and all the work they are doing to help prevent the spread of this disease into our state.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I don't ever recall the G&F stating that there were any documented cases of CWD in AZ. Shouldn't hunters be glad that there were no cases of CWD found in this study? I see no reason why someone would get upset with the G&F over this. I say good on ya G&F for being on top of things and all the work they are doing to help prevent the spread of this disease into our state.

If you would have heard how the AZGFD and Commission presented and sold the "Bait Ban" and were in the meeting like I was.... and spoke up on behalf of hunters individual rights, like I did, then this report would be of no surprise to you and it would be a slap in the face... LOL... There is almost Zero chance of CWD coming to AZ... and it is more likely to come from unmonitored importation of game into this state than ever coming from the methods they banned... the ban was an agenda to minimize bow hunters success...Period. I would be less pissed about it if the AZGFD had the balls to sell it for what is was and still get it passed, but they knew they had to spray a thick coat of BS on it to slip it by the average guy/gal that believes what he is told by the government. Ironic how many new deer tags are coning out in the (former) popular "baiting" unit hunts this year... It was never about CWD... and we likely not hear about CWD again, until they need it as a trump card again, FYI...

• Like 1

I too thought the CWD report was interesting. Then I read that no mandatory reporting for achery deer was coming too. WTF!

There will continue to be a dwindling, "ever so thin shred of trust" and the constant questioning if AZGF is really looking out for the best interest of the states resources when it comes to game management.

Mis-leading the public...

Perish the thought ... they'd NEVER DO THAT!!! ;)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this