standman

My First Arizona Antelope

Well, after years of applying I finally got to go on my first antelope hunt. I was having a little bit of a hard time finding a good antelope during my scouting until last weekend when I finally found the one I wanted. I found him again the night before the season so this morning I was ready to roll. I found him at the crack of dawn and the stalk was on. I eased up over the ridge and I spotted him at 150 yards. As I was preparing to shoot the wind changed directions and off to another county he went. I spent the next 5 hours looking for him but to no avail. So I headed to another area where my brother had spotted another pretty good buck a few weeks before. After searching a while, I found a buck with three does. He seemed to be a pretty good buck. So the stalk was on. After a lot a belly crawling, I was finally within 156 yards of the buck. He was bedded down and the grass was to high so I was going to have to wait for him to stand before I could take the shot. After twenty minutes of waiting he finally stood up and allowed me a broadside shot at my first antelope. Here are a couple of pics. Hope you enjoy.

Brian

100_0156.jpg

100_0158.jpg

Well, after years of applying I finally got to go on my first antelope hunt. I was having a little bit of a hard time finding a good antelope during my scouting until last weekend when I finally found the one I wanted. I found him again the night before the season so this morning I was ready to roll. I found him at the crack of dawn and the stalk was on. I eased up over the ridge and I spotted him at 150 yards. As I was preparing to shoot the wind changed directions and off to another county he went. I spent the next 5 hours looking for him but to no avail. So I headed to another area where my brother had spotted another pretty good buck a few weeks before. After searching a while, I found a buck with three does. He seemed to be a pretty good buck. So the stalk was on. After a lot a belly crawling, I was finally within 156 yards of the buck. He was bedded down and the grass was to high so I was going to have to wait for him to stand before I could take the shot. After twenty minutes of waiting he finally stood up and allowed me a broadside shot at my first antelope. Here are a couple of pics. Hope you enjoy.

Brian

100_0156.jpg

100_0158.jpg

That is a super buck!! Congratulations!!

Standman- Super nice buck- that will look outstanding as a mount!

Great dedication to stay with the speed goats!

AzP&Y

Doug

Congrantelope Brian! I can relate to the feeling when the wind shifts and hits the back of the neck and the speedgoat boogies. Good job on the pics.

I notice you have the Simms DeResonator on your barrel; did it make a difference?

Doug~RR

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. I'm still stoked over the whole experience. Now I have to work on getting one with my bow.

missedagain- Yeah I am going to have a shoulder mount done with him. I think he will make a beautiful mount.

Doug- When I bought this gun I decided to give the Simms Deresonator a try to see if it actually work. I'm a sucker for new gadgets. After playing with it and testing it, too my suprise it really worked well, just like they advertised.

Brian

Great looking goat, he'll look awesome on your wall. Or better yet they made great pedestal mounts.

100_0688.jpg

My 2004 AZ unit 9 goat. A pedestal mount goat does'nt take up alot of room and breaks things up alittle from just having heads on the wall. ;)