Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

A new State Record...Flathead!!!!!

Thats awesome!! Congrats to the dude who caught it!!! I cant wait for July 1st!!! Itll be LEGAL to shoot catfish with a bow!!!!!!! I plan on being on roosey June 30th waiting for midnight!!!

Bad a**!!! Can't wait to stick a big ol flatty with a bow!!! Can't wait to be on a boat June 31 a 11:59 with my best buddy gearen up to smoke some catfish!!!

• Like 1

Congrats on the fish.

Bummer they had to whine about a stupid record book. If they wanted to let the fish go they could have. Not game and fish's fault they decided not to.

• Like 1

I agree. Anyone chasing a record knows that death is part of the deal. The catch and release record book is there for a reason.

What a great fish though!

Bad a**!!! Can't wait to stick a big ol flatty with a bow!!! Can't wait to be on a boat June 31 a 11:59 with my best buddy gearen up to smoke some catfish!!!

You might be waiting a long time for June 31 to roll around.

• Like 3

You guys are gonna have some competition this go round cause my boat will be on the water too!! I smell a lot of side bets!! Bring It!!

When I saw that pic I was thinking the same thing...... how much fin would it be to stick that hog with an arrow!!!!!!!!! WOW and imagine all the filets you could get off that bad boy!!!!!!! I can't wait

I agree. Anyone chasing a record knows that death is part of the deal. The catch and release record book is there for a reason.

What a great fish though!

I would love to hook into something that big.

2006 Big Fish of the Year Catch and Release Urban Waters

24" long by 19 7/8" girth

Red Mountain Pond

I would have put her on my wall but she was full of eggs. I caught her again one month later to the day on the other side of the pond. She was all scratched up from spawning. Let her go that time too, and never saw her again... This is a picture of the polaroid the game and fish biologist took sorry its grainy.

attachment=53791:GetAttachment.jpg]

post-3620-0-27541500-1365823572.jpg

• Like 1