Sign in to follow this  
2 Full Curls

Looking to buy a Diesel and would like your opinion

What do you mean by out pull? And which powerstroke are you talking about?
there are 6 diesel's branded "power stroke" . I asked what one your were claiming was "out pulled "by a mid sized suv.
  • Like 1

The Ford 6.7 (I have a 2011) is awesome, I had the Ford 7.2 which was great but the 6 speed manual finally got to my knees when I was in traffic. The 7.2 handled everything I put behind it 15,000 lb fifth wheel only had to go to 5th on long high elevation pulls and really rare occasions 4th but still 50 mph. The 6.7 auto with 12,000 lb fifth wheel and 3000 lb jeep behind that has pulled every grade I have tried at posted speeds and my old knees are loving it.

• Like 1

ProwlerMan LOL :o

Yes all the new trucks are pretty equal performance wise. Still not crazy about the dodge interiors, unless its the fully upgraded interior. Love the interior on the gmc the best, the the outside look of the ford the best. Tranny would still go to gmc with ford a close second with the new torqueshift. Dodge tranny even on the new ones is still their weakpoint.

Pretty much sums it up for the Fords!

I would say that about sums it up Speedy.

Powerstroke guys motto is "When in doubt, tach it out, and hold it to the floor until it sounds expensive!"

• Like 1

Diesel to the end.

No 6.0 or 6.4 ford motors and honestly I would stay away from Ford Diesels all together until the 6.7 has 5 years under it's belt.

I have a 2004 6.0 and I had 3 coolers go out in it, did a huge engine mode on it, all the sliced bread after market upgrades to fixed the design flaws two years and 27,000 miles ago. Took it back to the shop on tuesday and their saying it needs another $4,500 to $9,000 in work. I was so pissed @ the guy when he called me, he hung up on me. I know what I am going to do, but I sent him an email saying I was too pissed to have any sort of civil conversation and told him I would get back to him on Monday. 24 hours later, I am still pissed. I usually don't stay mad very long.

I feel Ford purportated a huge fraud on the American public with the 6.0 and I don't see them ever getting a dime of my car buying money again. I have enough into engine repairs to have purchased another new truck. No Ford diesels they don't deserve your hard earned dollars. That said I have no experiances with Chevy or Dodge. Diesel's are also expensive to mantain and have repaired. When they run well, you love them. heck I still love mine, but how many people love things they shouldn't, Take Care, JLG.

I'll clear some space, JLG.