Sign in to follow this  
AZ_XL7

Stolen rifle!

I know it's a long shot.

Hello CWT,

I don't post very much but given the circumstances I need to. My home was broken into this past weekend while I was turkey hunting. Amongst cash and a few others things they took my rifle. I was lucky enough to have my shot guns with me so they weren't able to get those. I know the market for a 30-06 is small these days so I want to try and put the bug in people's ear. The hunting community in the valley is large but small.

So if anyone comes across a marlin xl7 30-06 with a bushnell trophy scope please let me know. The rifle had a camo sling and one or the cap was shaved on the side.

Although its not a hand me down, I killed my first deer with this gun and one day wanted to hand it down so it has personal value to me.

Tyro.m.edwards@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Did you have the serial numbers to give to the police? The one and only time I have had firearms stolen, I was very lucky to get them back. The police picked up the punks a few days later with an apartment full of stolen goods. Mine were the only guns listed as stolen, probably because I was the only one who kept track of my serial numbers. Best of all, the barrels were all the same length they were whent they left my home.

• Like 1

Did you have the serial numbers to give to the police? The one and only time I have had firearms stolen, I was very lucky to get them back. The police picked up the punks a few days later with an apartment full of stolen goods. Mine were the only guns listed as stolen, probably because I was the only one who kept track of my serial numbers. Best of all, the barrels were all the same length they were whent they left my home.

+1

Yea

I have all the serial numbers for all my firearms. It was reported that night. I'm hoping someone gets stupid and try's to pawn or sell it to someone who has the number ran. The shitty part of all this is from the inside looking out it ha to be Someone who knows me. To many variables, dogs were home, they are barkers and go nuts when someone comes over. Neighbors were home and heard nor a peep. Toss in the fact I'm on a tail end of a divorce and it makes you think.

And I'm sure you are wondering, I didn't kill a gobbler. They kicked my butt for 3 days. Weird season to say the least.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Yea

I have all the serial numbers for all my firearms. It was reported that night. I'm hoping someone gets stupid and try's to pawn or sell it to someone who has the number ran. The shitty part of all this is from the inside looking out it ha to be Someone who knows me. To many variables, dogs were home, they are barkers and go nuts when someone comes over. Neighbors were home and heard nor a peep. Toss in the fact I'm on a tail end of a divorce and it makes you think.

And I'm sure you are wondering, I didn't kill a gobbler. They kicked my butt for 3 days. Weird season to say the least.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Sounds like your soon to be ex wanted to hit you where it hurts. That sucks.

Bet you it ended up at the buy back yesterday. your gun gets metled down and crook gets away with no questions asked.

if you gave the SN to the cops and it hit the buy back yesterday there is a chance you will get it back. They are supposed to check the SN's of the guns they took in before selling or destroying.

• Like 1

if you gave the SN to the cops and it hit the buy back yesterday there is a chance you will get it back. They are supposed to check the SN's of the guns they took in before selling or destroying.

one can only hope.

I feel your pain. Good luck on recovery. I hate thieves. String'em up!

TJ