Sign in to follow this  
metau

Gun Buyback Program-Phoenix PD

Gun Buyback Program

$200 for AR's, $100 for all others, dispensed as Bashas gift cards. Anyone going to grab a stack of cash and help prevent some of these firearms from being destroyed(new law not in effect yet)?
  • Like 1

I thought about it, chance to get a good gun for a reasonable price. Not sure how the cops would feel about it but it's not against the law.

Selling your guns to a buy back program because you think there are to many guns on the street is as stupid as getting a vascectomy because your neighbor has too many kids.

• Like 8

I wonder if I am allowed to sit at the parking lot entrance offering $400 for ARs and $200 for all other guns... Maybe create a bidding war. I like that vasectomy comment, haha!

Makes me wish I was on food stamps just so I could go down there and trade $400 worth for a 1911.

We had buyers down here in Tucson at the last B.S. gun buy back.

At the last Tucson gun buyback there were a bunch of people who set up tables offering twice the amount as the PD was giving out... I think they bought 47 guns.

Makes me wish I was on food stamps just so I could go down there and trade $400 worth for a 1911.

Today is your lucky day. I heard Obama is begging people to get food stamps.....lots of them. :lol:

• Like 1

Today is your lucky day. I heard Obama is begging people to get food stamps.....lots of them. :lol:

I'd use most of them on bourbon and BBQ. The rest I'd just waste.

At the last Tucson gun buyback there were a bunch of people who set up tables offering twice the amount as the PD was giving out... I think they bought 47 guns.

That was a great day for gun owners, it showed WE will not lay down and let the liberal S.O.B's run over us!!!

Bad News- Phoenix PD ran out of the Bashas gift cards at the south phoenix location. A bunch of firearms had their death warrant signed today. Heard a mini-14 was turned in, but nothing else high end.

Good News- Showed up an hour late, and there was about 100-150 people on the street with signs buying guns. Heard there was a pair of cops giving a few people grief first thing this morning, but all the officers I ran into were quite cordial. They merely asked for us to not stop traffic on the main road. Best thing I saw someone grab was a pre-64 model 70 in 30-06. Managed to see a bunch of interesting older firearms, many not in working condition. I snagged 6 firearms including an SKS, a 10/22 and a Stevens 22-410(always wanted one). Everything needs a good cleaning, others some major work, but I look forward to working on my gunsmithing and woodworking skills for those.

All in all, it seemed like there were quite a few people who were willing to stop, but more who wanted nothing to do with us. That said, many guns were saved toady.

• Like 1

good snags... If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for each of those guns?

If I were a thief I would buy backs. You get to turn in your stolen guns, the evidence is destroyed and they have a "no questions asked" policy.

I wonder if the PD did a background check on themselves every time they bought a gun?

• Like 1