Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Richards Sporting Goods

Interesting experience this weekend with all the talk about immigration, gun control and constitutional rights.

I can't afford to buy lots of ammo at a time, and with the recent lack of ammo on shelves I pay close attention to what is on the shelf when I go in a store that sells ammo.

I found a box of ammo I had been looking for and decided to buy it. Bought a pair of shoes for the kid, some socks and one box of ammo.

My wife is paying with her debit card when the lady asks, "Are you a citizen of the United States?"

I go, what????? Why are you asking that question???

Sir it is our company policy to make sure we are selling ammunition to citizens of the US......

Really???????

Wonder if the Feds know they are asking that question, I thought that was like against the law and profiling and all that stuff????

Same thing happened about a month ago at Dicks sporting goods. I asked the cashier what happens if I say no? She didnt know. I wanted to try it but I was in a hurry.

So whats wrong with that? If they asked me i would say yes and show them my driver license.

So whats wrong with that? If they asked me i would say yes and show them my driver license.

Exactly my point.....I get asked all the time to show verification that I am a citizen so why is it such a big deal for voter ID.......what is good for one should be good for the other................

Really it just caught me off guard......it also shows that gun registration will not stop crazies from getting guns....my wife has bought all my guns and I am the one who shoots them, uses them etc...........well I guess they really aren't my guns, they are hers........legally.....

• Like 1

I ask that question to everyone who comes to my yard sale! Half the people turn around and leave... Oh we'll some one else will buy it.

Ummm, because it isn't a requirement to purchase ammo.

• Like 2

I purchased powder and bullets at Bruno's Shooters Supply today and was asked for picture ID. They didn't record anything.......just checking. Then I remembered that I have printed "Picture ID" on the signature line of my debit and credit card. It doesn't bother me to be asked anyway. Is it an enfringement? Don't care. If it help keep things safe I'm OK with it . I try not to read anything into such situations. If you are so thin skinned that you can't deal with something as innocuous as a picture ID you need to spend some time reflecting on the timesin which we live.

Just my 2 cents.

Cashier - Are you a citizen of the US?

DB - Is your momma?

• Like 1

But it is a private store and they can set whatever policy they want and also refuse service to anyone they want. You dont like it, dont shop there.

• Like 2

You get the 3d degree when buying a gun or ammo but if you were al 14 year old girl wanting to kill her baby you can get that with no questions asked. Don't even need to tell your parents.

• Like 4

But it is a private store and they can set whatever policy they want and also refuse service to anyone they want. You dont like it, dont shop there.

I just want you guys to know belligerent Average Joe's are not the norm !!!

I purchased powder and bullets at Bruno's Shooters Supply today and was asked for picture ID. They didn't record anything.......just checking. Then I remembered that I have printed "Picture ID" on the signature line of my debit and credit card. It doesn't bother me to be asked anyway. Is it an enfringement? Don't care. If it help keep things safe I'm OK with it . I try not to read anything into such situations. If you are so thin skinned that you can't deal with something as innocuous as a picture ID you need to spend some time reflecting on the timesin which we live.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly my point again....I am thin skinned but for someone to present identification for a voting booth or because they got pulled over for speeding, now that is just not American, that is profiling and all other sorts of politically incorrect behavior.

• Like 1