Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Richards Sporting Goods

So whats wrong with that? If they asked me i would say yes and show them my driver license.

Exactly my point.....I get asked all the time to show verification that I am a citizen so why is it such a big deal for voter ID.......what is good for one should be good for the other................

Really it just caught me off guard......it also shows that gun registration will not stop crazies from getting guns....my wife has bought all my guns and I am the one who shoots them, uses them etc...........well I guess they really aren't my guns, they are hers........legally.....

Just curious and if its over the line let me know but why did your wife purchase all your guns???

I have a 22-250 I bought when I was 16 with money made from trapping coyotes back in 76.

Never owned another gun until I got married and my wife started giving me great gifts at Christmas and birthday....thus, she purchased the guns and gave them to me.......in my 30 years of being married, and all the years previous, I have never purchased a firearm of any kind that was intended for me...........

kinda weird but my wife never buys junk and all my guns have been great gifts.....

I would have asked if she had a citizenship application behind the counter. I am sure I would have walked out of that store empty handed.

See I don't mind having somebody ask me those questions.....I am proud to be a citizen of this country and proud of my heritage.

I just find it interesting where it is OK for people to actually ask me that question......and yet others are protected by law to not have to answer that question because they happen to be here illegal???

Ask away....but ask everybody not just somebody buying ammo...........I should have file a harrassment suit right???

So whats wrong with that? If they asked me i would say yes and show them my driver license.

Exactly my point.....I get asked all the time to show verification that I am a citizen so why is it such a big deal for voter ID.......what is good for one should be good for the other................

Really it just caught me off guard......it also shows that gun registration will not stop crazies from getting guns....my wife has bought all my guns and I am the one who shoots them, uses them etc...........well I guess they really aren't my guns, they are hers........legally.....

Just curious and if its over the line let me know but why did your wife purchase all your guns???

The ownership of my guns has been a fun topic of discussion in our family you know the old Jerry Reed song.....she got the gold mine........my wife would get all my guns cause the really are hers.........

The ownership of my guns has been a fun topic of discussion in our family you know the old Jerry Reed song.....she got the gold mine........my wife would get all my guns cause the really are hers.........

Kind of like buying the "Divorced Barbie".......it comes with all of Ken's stuff. :o

Very interesting topic, I have never heard of this happening before. Not sure what to think about it.

Which part....the part about my wife owning all my guns or that I got asked about citizenship??? :blink:

Just kidding, I don't know what to think about it either, just thought it was interesting. Definitely made me think about the time we live in now as was mentioned earlier.....it ain't what it used to be that is for sure.....

Well i am not beligerant as Sir Royal pointed out , just stating that a private store has the right to set whatever policy they like.

I would hate to be spanish right now and have to deal with everything going on. On the other hand i feel things such as ammo (and other things) should be kept out of the hands of illegals. How would you go about accomplishing this other than asking every person to show id to buy ammo. Again it is unfortunate for a legal citizen of spanish decent to have to show their id more than a white person, but in southern az the main problem with immigration is illegal spanish immigrants. There really is no way to solve the problem without hurting someones feelings.

Wow, I think the bigger question here is how you found ammo you actually needed! J/k. I dont mind being asked either, but it is kind of random to ask. Cant say I have ever been asked that while purchasing anything other than my therm o-nuclear device from ebay. :ph34r:

It may just be standard policy for the company on anything firearm related. One way to avoid or minimize screw ups. When I was supervising multiple stores for CircleK we had so many blockhead cashiers and Phoenix PD was busting us left and right on alcohol stings. So any tobacco, lottery or liquor purchase required id, regardless of age. It was how we forced the employees to pay attention to who they were selling to.

NTS, your wife must be related to mine. One of our first dates she bought us 2 front row seats to NHRA in Sonoma, man were my buddies jealous.

Well i am not beligerant as Sir Royal pointed out , just stating that a private store has the right to set whatever policy they like.

I would hate to be spanish right now and have to deal with everything going on. On the other hand i feel things such as ammo (and other things) should be kept out of the hands of illegals. How would you go about accomplishing this other than asking every person to show id to buy ammo. Again it is unfortunate for a legal citizen of spanish decent to have to show their id more than a white person, but in southern az the main problem with immigration is illegal spanish immigrants. There really is no way to solve the problem without hurting someones feelings.

AJ, I agree but if we are gonna ask the question, then lets ask the question and bear(bare)?? the burden together, not just when it is convenient and politically correct.

I don't want ammo in the hands of illegals, but I really don't want illegals here either, it is illegal......get my drift???

Wait....it is undocumented...sorry...... :o

If I had a store I wouldnt sell to illegal immigrants and if you looked like one or sounded like one I would ask to see an id there wouldnt be anything you could buy in my store except for a ride home thats the way it is I dont give a crap if the government doesnt like it or the cops cant do it if you dont belong hear you dont have any business hear period

Because if it ever, God FORBID, becomes a requirement I am sure you will have lots to say (b!tch) about.

That why it is important.

More D.