DesertBull

Bonus Points for sale

On the agenda for next weeks G&F meeting

• Briefing on a Coconino County Sheriff's Office proposal to award a bonus point to individuals who purchase a retail discount card that benefits an Arizona county search and rescue organization.

Good way to take the integrity out of bonus points. Now all you need is money!!! Maybe they should award an extra point if you put in community service and help them build water holes or something to that nature.

• Like 6

Kind of reminiscent of when AZSFW was trying to get tags in the name of conservation. Messing with bonus points, and tags is wearing a little thin.

• Like 3

I heard talk a few years ago that an individual might be able to acquire a bonus point in return for x amount of volunteer hours towards wildlife. Any system put in place to reward people with more bonus points will be taken advantage of by many, and I believe that system will easily be abused as well. I don't believe giving points is a good idea for rewards of for the purchase of something.

I do however believe if you square them starting now with everything you have is a GREAT idea.

My neighbor drew another early archery unit one tag this year, he also drew the same tag in 2011. Squaring bonus points would make being ONE LUCKY SOB much harder to pull off. You still have the lottery and everyone still has a chance, but the people who have been waiting the longest make it very very difficult for people to draw back to back low odds draw tags with very few points.

Instead of expanding the BP system they need to start phasing it out.

• Like 1

I like the bonus points. It should be weighted heavily in favor of those who have gone the most years without a tag. There should still be a luck factor but those folks should be competing for 10 to 20% of the tags, not 80%.

Instead of expanding the BP system they need to start phasing it out.

+1

I like the bonus points. It should be weighted heavily in favor of those who have gone the most years without a tag. There should still be a luck factor but those folks should be competing for 10 to 20% of the tags, not 80%.

If you want the system to put more tags to those who have points, all that needs to be done is change the rules so that the value of all points is squared.

I think the entire thing, including the current bonus point set up, is BS. Its luck of the draw. My father in law has not been drawn a tag in over 20 years, while my mother in law gets one every other year. My wife and I drew a tag our first time putting in and have not drawn since. Points are a distraction to make you feel like your building up to something to make you feel better about not getting a tag year after year.

I think the entire thing, including the current bonus point set up, is BS. Its luck of the draw. My father in law has not been drawn a tag in over 20 years, while my mother in law gets one every other year. My wife and I drew a tag our first time putting in and have not drawn since. Points are a distraction to make you feel like your building up to something to make you feel better about not getting a tag year after year.

Remember everybody needs a ribbon :unsure: don't want to hurt anybody's feelings.......