Sign in to follow this  
cactusjack

Panic shoppers relax

I don't know if this is the best place to put this, but here goes. I was in Merchant Firearms in Chandler today and they had new Magpul 30rd Ar mags for 15 each. They also had tons of Glock mags and tons of AR's. The prices were MSRP. Not inflated crazy panic prices. I picked up 2 boxes of Remington 223 55grn 50count for $34 each. I have seen other places charging 1.00 a round. Not much ammo for sale but lots of guns and suppressors. (now that they are legal to hunt with Im all about that life!)

Thanks for posting this. I, too am hoping people will lay off the "panic buying". AR lowers are starting to get realistic again, but you can't buy a box of .22 LR.

I was @ walmart in buckeye by my house when the ammo was to be stocked @ 7 and there where 10 guys inline waiting. Didn't stay, JLG.

I was at a gun show in show low last weakend and a guy had 4 cartons of 22's. He wanted 75 dollars a carton.Its getting crazy out there

when folks finally say to themselves "I'm not paying that, this is stupid" the prices will drop. I too have been guilty of "chicken little" disorder. I won't fight the crazy prices anymore, I just won't buy until it gets to be reasonable. Hopefully, eventually folks will realize the sky is indeed not falling and life can resume.

I seriously can't believe it's so bad out there that even .22LR's aren't available..... (heard it months ago when a buddy told me he bought a cricket mini rifle for his kid but couldn't even find .22LR ammo for his little boy to shoot it, and I still had a hard time believing it then). Guess it's a good thing for me I have a decent stock and that I'm primarly an archery hunter and don't shoot guns all that much anymore.

relax

Yea sucks when the same people are at walmart and sportsmans every day waiting for trucks to buy it from under us, put these people are fill of shoot if I'm paying 50-75 for a 19 $ box of ammo I'm duprised there not scared to sell to someone in fear that thell get the heck beaten out of them there just as bad a a thef in my book Ihope the loose there butt on all that ammo

Of course .22 is out, no one can reload it and its cheap to practice with. Oh and if your like me blowing through a bunch of it generally just happens. It's also my entertainment during barrel cooling.

I'm glad I bought a decent stock of powders and primers and scaled back my calibers before things went silly.

The bummer being when my bro came out from the communist republic of Illinois and says,"lets shoot, you have lots of ammo"and I had to say no we can't I'm low and cant replace what I have, I only load for my hunting rifles.

I've been told on a few occasion that the shortage of 22lr ammo is due to it's low profit margins. Ammo manufacturers are putting everything into cranking out the high dollar stuff that has higher profit margins while it continues to fly off of shelves. Can't fault them for that. Once the sales of the higher profit margin stuff slows down 22lr ammo will be back.

I'm just glad I had a couple thousand rounds of it from before the Obama scare. Been teahing my 8 year ol how to shoot. He got a 22lr for his birthday last year and would be crushed if we couldn't go shooting.

Went to Sportsman's in Mesa on sat morning just to see what they had. They had gotten in some .22 in the 100 round CCI packs and they were still limiting this to one box per customer because it was considered bulk. I thought that was strange, I can see limiting the bricks to one per customer but calling 100 rounds of .22 bulk ammo is kind of weird. Also after the line was done they had a lot left so I don't really think they needed to ration it out quite so much. I agree that all this stuff is coming back into the retail stores, but also the prices are just a little higher( maybe 10%) than they were say in Nov./ Dec. One nice thing is it's nice to see hunting rounds coming back in, that killed me to see no 7mm, .270, 30-06, etc. out on the shelf, but this stuff is coming back in.

Been teahing my 8 year ol how to shoot. He got a 22lr for his birthday last year and would be crushed if we couldn't go shooting.

I'm in the same boat and am irritated at all the people hoarding .22LR! We bought our daughter a .22 last year for her 8th birthday and now I have to ration what she can shoot because I can't replace it. its absolutely ridiculous!! I was in a gun store in El Paso, TX a couple of weeks ago and they wanted $15 for a box of 100 rounds of Remington. I laughed and walked out. I refuse to pay $40-$75/brick.

When ever family comes to visit I like to take them out shooting. It is something they will likely never do and it is a good way to introduce non-firearms owners to a healthy sport. I want them to see that not all "shooting" is "bad" as the media loves to show on the news. I have had to scale back what they shoot and how much because of availability/cost. Recently I can not take them out to shoot the .22's because I just plain can not get any. This upsets me because what ever the rational for the shortages "they" are winning.

More D