dtower

Going to Rocky Point

i wouldnt go, thats just me.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Jack London

i did my living while i was in the army. now my job is to try and get my daughter ready and secure a future for her.

I thank you for your service and God bless you and your descent, but I must ask .. and also to AZLance... I travel to Rocky Point, Caborca, Nogales, Hermosillo in another words, all over the state of Sonora 6 to 7 times per year... What's the problem with traveling there? To dangerous? Please explain.

Ernesto C

Ernesto, you must have learned to read in Mexico... because I never said not to go there. I just posted an article that most who go to Mexico should read. It is always good to be aware of your surroundings. I have been going to Rocky Point (Los Choncos) since I was a boy. And now that my tastes are more refined , I prefer fishing in Guymas/San Carlos. San Carlos doesn't have all the college kids drinking and shooting off fireworks all night. And the terrain is hands down more beautiful in San Carlos /Guymas. And the fishing in San Carlos is fabulous! Reeling in a Marlin, Sailfish, or a Dorado beats a Trigger fish or Cabrilla any day.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Jack London

i did my living while i was in the army. now my job is to try and get my daughter ready and secure a future for her.

I thank you for your service and God bless you and your descent, but I must ask .. and also to AZLance... I travel to Rocky Point, Caborca, Nogales, Hermosillo in another words, all over the state of Sonora 6 to 7 times per year... What's the problem with traveling there? To dangerous? Please explain.

Ernesto C

Thanks Ernesto. Honestly for me I just dont trust what could happen there and since I cannot do anything to protect myself, I dont feel comfortable there. Its a shame because I used to love to go as a kid and would still love to go just to see family. But with all the drug B.S. and corruption there I wont chance it.

I just returned from RP after a couple years of staying away. We had a great time. It sure was less crowded than in years past, which is a shame for the local economy.

My only gripe is the beaches were TRASHED after the local crowd showed up at the beginning of Sandy Beach on Sunday morning. All week long it was just tourists on the beach and the beach was very clean. Sunday the crowd was huge and obviously local. The trash was disgusting... diapers included. They must clean it up though because when we got there earlier in the week it was nice. Who dumps trash like that and doesn't care? I don't understand that mentality.

Well fishing was great. I don't know how it could have been any better? We actually got tired of catching fish and came in an hour early. We caught Se' Bass (that's Spanish for Sea Bass),Trout, Buck toothed Trigger Fish and catfish(did not know there were salt water cats). It was fun morning.

Reporting from RP (till Friday)

DT

I have caught saltwater Cats in Louisiana many times while fishing for Redfish or Speckled Trout. When they show up it's time to pull anchor and move on. Two type I have come across are Hardheads and Gafftopsail Cats with the Hardheads usually smaller. They will stick you with their pec and dorsal fins and it can get infected so we use a J shaped aluminum tool to flip them off the hook.

Are there any good spots for fishing or spear fishing near the Los Polomas condos?

Jack London

Ernesto C

Ernesto, you must have learned to read in Mexico... because I never said not to go there. I just posted an article that most who go to Mexico should read. It is always good to be aware of your surroundings. I have been going to Rocky Point (Los Choncos) since I was a boy. And now that my tastes are more refined , I prefer fishing in Guymas/San Carlos. San Carlos doesn't have all the college kids drinking and shooting off fireworks all night. And the terrain is hands down more beautiful in San Carlos /Guymas. And the fishing in San Carlos is fabulous! Reeling in a Marlin, Sailfish, or a Dorado beats a Trigger fish or Cabrilla any day.

it looks deery down there too! i havent been to san carlos in forever, need to get back down there. saw theyre whacking the big dorado right now and sails.

I just returned from RP after a couple years of staying away. We had a great time. It sure was less crowded than in years past, which is a shame for the local economy.

My only gripe is the beaches were TRASHED after the local crowd showed up at the beginning of Sandy Beach on Sunday morning. All week long it was just tourists on the beach and the beach was very clean. Sunday the crowd was huge and obviously local. The trash was disgusting... diapers included. They must clean it up though because when we got there earlier in the week it was nice. Who dumps trash like that and doesn't care? I don't understand that mentality.

yet still WAY better than CA. i rarely come across hypodermic needles on the beach in RP

post-1361-0-62375700-1402437298_thumb.jpg

San Carlos over Memorial Day weekend.

Both RP and SC are great...I'm a bit nervous with the drive but once at my destination I have no worries.

• Like 2

^^Nice Fish!^^

So after years of hounding my wife she has finally relented and agreed to allowing us to go down to San Carlos with the stipulation that I can find a big group of people to caravan down with. Looks like I need to get serious about finding places down there. Any recommendations for San Carlos accommodations?

Are there any good spots for fishing or spear fishing near the Los Polomas condos in RP?

^^Nice Fish!^^

So after years of hounding my wife she has finally relented and agreed to allowing us to go down to San Carlos with the stipulation that I can find a big group of people to caravan down with. Looks like I need to get serious about finding places down there. Any recommendations for San Carlos accommodations?

we stayed at the howard johnson, i think its called something else now. dude the drive isnt even that bad, but we did it at night (bad idea) got pulled over outside of hermosillo for no reason other than to get the "mordida." we actually didnt even pay them, and they let us go.

best spot is pinto point in cholla use crank baits with a fast retrival caught a 15lb white seabass there one time

From Las Palomas you are almost to Cholla Bay. I do not know about spear fishing but this will probably be your best bet for shore fishing around Sandy beach. Good luck.

attachicon.gifMarlin.JPG

Both RP and SC are great...I'm a bit nervous with the drive but once at my destination I have no worries.

Our other passion!

Posted by the SeaCoues Chum Master.

attachicon.gifMarlin.JPG

Our other passion!

Posted by the SeaCoues Chum Master.

whos the dude with the triple outboard center console ive seen post on instagram. he was down in SC, appears the dude is from here and hunts. was wondering if maybe he was on this board.