Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

Shoe Tree

Go back 2 months ago, we are headed to the valley through Payson.

We pass the now very annoying eye sore shoe tree.

I commented to my wife, "I need to throw the chainsaw in and a gas can, cut that tree down and burn it to the ground."

Yesterday, headed to the valley again.

post-2034-0-70676000-1371044287_thumb.jpg

Somebody had cut the tree and it is now just leaning there still covered with shoes.

So I decided to take a stroll over to get a picture of the tree with my cell phone. On the way to the tree, I found these.

post-2034-0-61453700-1371044310_thumb.jpg

From the time I was a little guy it always bothered me that people were so disrespectful of our surroundings. There are so many ways to enjoy the outdoors without making it look so nasty.

From the Mt. Ord exit pullout to the tree...........46 aluminmu cans........21 Bud Light, 3 Pepsi, 2 Coke and 20 other various aluminum cans.

We can do better................

• Like 1

In 2012 during early coues my brother and I were camped up the road from there, a kid rolled his truck right there and died. The accident started a fire and we couldn't get on the highway for hours. About a week later the shoes started collecting.

Could have just as easy planted a tree as opposed to the trash.......I know that sounds tree hugger but just respect the outdoors......

I had the same idea. If your concern is making it stand out, how about a tree that is not native to the area.

Point that out to my kids everytime we go by it and explain to them that it is likely that the actions of the people putting the shoes on the tree ended up killing the tree. My kids would ask why people would put shoes on the tree and I tell them I do not know why, but that it is not right. Bad decisions by people killed that tree. I have seen many people up there taking pictures, putting shoes on the tree, looking at it, stopping right on the highway to do so. VERY dangerous on that curve at those speeds. Very sad to see the amount of extra trash right around there.

Go back 2 months ago, we are headed to the valley through Payson.

We pass the now very annoying eye sore shoe tree.

I commented to my wife, "I need to throw the chainsaw in and a gas can, cut that tree down and burn it to the ground."

Yesterday, headed to the valley again.

attachicon.gifshoetree.jpg

Somebody had cut the tree and it is now just leaning there still covered with shoes.

So I decided to take a stroll over to get a picture of the tree with my cell phone. On the way to the tree, I found these.

attachicon.gifcans.jpg

From the time I was a little guy it always bothered me that people were so disrespectful of our surroundings. There are so many ways to enjoy the outdoors without making it look so nasty.

From the Mt. Ord exit pullout to the tree...........46 aluminmu cans........21 Bud Light, 3 Pepsi, 2 Coke and 20 other various aluminum cans.

We can do better................

might I ad the 15 cans and 3 broken bottles and some other trash I picked up near there a couple weeks back.....

James

I've never seen it....always doing 70 and keeping eyes on the road I guess.... hopefully they will get rid of that eyesore.....donate the shoes to charity....

• Like 1

The tree has been dead for years with no greens, but it's dead silhouette used to look cool as heck with the tall fresh green or dead yellow grass beneath it in the skyline coming up over the top before this all started.

Been driving by it twice a day since it started collecting and seeing all the shoes, boxing gloves, etc, and people sneak in from sycamore turnoff some stop right on edge of guard rail and almost cause accidents to get photo's.

I told the wife it is going to collapse soon and it did.

I am sick of the people trashing the land. While at Big Lake on Saturday I was walking and found an ipod and about 20 yds to the lake there were some younger adults fishing. I asked them if the ipod belonged to them and it did. They left later on and my wife tells me they left all their trash laying there. I was pissed I gave them their Ipod back!

I am sick of the people trashing the land. While at Big Lake on Saturday I was walking and found an ipod and about 20 yds to the lake there were some younger adults fishing. I asked them if the ipod belonged to them and it did. They left later on and my wife tells me they left all their trash laying there. I was pissed I gave them their Ipod back!

on a side note how was the fishing?

James

on a side note how was the fishing?

James

Fishing was slow. Fishing from the bank and I didnt even get a nibble and either did anybody else around us. It was crazy windy up there.