Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Strange in Unit 22N- Your thoughts??

Wow this is interesting since ive never heard of it either!!

Maybe he lost his pair

Its possible. Happened to me when I got married. :)

I was going to say the same thing......but I needed to ask my wife first.

My guess would be that this may be an old bull that failed to drop his antlers if they are really light colored and hard. Just seems far too early to be a hard-horned 7x7.

• Like 1

Wow this is interesting since ive never heard of it either!!

Maybe he lost his pair

Its possible. Happened to me when I got married. :)

They grow back when you get divorced :D

You got me on why a bull would be hard-horned this early/late. I heard a couple bulls from an elk herd bugling while chasing toms in unit 23 this April. My buddy and I looked at each other - neither of us realized they would bugle so early.

Bulls will give their "Tarzan call" off an on all summer, particularly after a well needed rain to express their appreciation I guess. The cows and calves have also been very vocal the last few weeks which also is not unusual. What I don't like to hear is the coyote and wolf calls which usually spells death for the elk

I believe it I once saw a hard horned 6x6 bull in unit 1 while on a spring turkey hunt it was in the middle of May. I have a Dec. bull tag and would love to know where this old boy hangs out if the archery boys don't get him

i no of 2 bulls in 22 that are hard horned year round and haven't dropped for at least 2 years. anythings possible in the great out doors. and there horns are also very light and they don't rut

i no of 2 bulls in 22 that are hard horned year round and haven't dropped for at least 2 years. anythings possible in the great out doors. and there horns are also very light and they don't rut

Yes, but DOMA was ruled unconstitutional only this week, maybe they will come out of the woods now?

• Like 2

Yes, but DOMA was ruled unconstitutional only this week, maybe they will come out of the woods now?[/quote

Blaaaa hahahaah lmao

Yes, but DOMA was ruled unconstitutional only this week, maybe they will come out of the woods now?

now that is funny!

Has anyone ever found a bull skull (dead obviously) without antlers? As they get close to death do they stop shedding them? Any thoughts?

Has anyone ever found a bull skull (dead obviously) without antlers? As they get close to death do they stop shedding them? Any thoughts?

Found this while turkey hunting this year.

post-4451-0-31503400-1372627575_thumb.jpg

Found this while turkey hunting this year.

[img=http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/public/style_images/club_3_4/attachicon.gif] image.jpg

That answers that question....thanks