Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Cwt.com cook book?

A few years back the Clifton/morenci area where I grew up published a cook book with all the recipes from restaurants in the area as well as the moms and grandmas recipes we grew up with. As far as I know the book was a hit and sold out (I have a copy) I was wondering if a cwt.com cook book could be made and sold? Everyone add a few recipes along with the ones already on the site. I'd add a few recipes and buy a copy, who else?

Count me in. I have some recipes from my hunting trips that I would be glad to share.

+1

Count me in. I have some recipes from my hunting trips that I would be glad to share.

+1

Count me in as well. Sounds like a great idea.

Guest oneshot

Sounds like a great idea, I cooked for many years, from mom and pop places to 5-Star restaurants, and while I tend to eat most of my meals out these days, I'm getting back into cooking at home for the GF (she owned a great restaurant in NY and is an excellent cook also)... We are "foodies"... So a CWT cookbook would be a great change of pace...

if we even have to get together and taste some of the recipes i'll do it. I'll sacrifice my stomach for the good of others. I don't care how much good food I have to eat. That's how far I will go for this forum....thank me later ;)

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea.

Amanda has pondered this before and I think if there is ample support and donations to cover publishing, it would be a hit.

I can have a photographer help with taking some photos of some of the entry dishes as well.

We have a similar thing going at work for the second time. I've noticed that the easy to understand recipes bring good reviews.

I can gladly assist where needed.

In! :)

I sign up as official "CWT taster ", to give it the thumbs up or down rate of approval - lol

I hate to sound crazy but lately I've found out just about any meat product/ seared and put in a cook bag with all the extras - turns out AWESOME

example - any round steak - seasoned anyway you like- seared -" I use sunflower seed oil" and 2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chili- and use a cooking bag -

flour bag - one can spread on the bottom / then add seared steaks / one can spread on top- seal bag, slice holes and cook at 350 for 2 hrs -- will be the best way "ever " to get a basically tough piece of meat so tender you can cut it with a fork delicious

you can do the same with any roast / prepared to your taste and add all kinds of fresh cut veggies and a can of stock - instead of tomatoes/chili and it will produce same results

I have a few recipes that would go great on CWT.com Cooks

I can give you the name of the publishing company for the Clifton/morenci book. I wasn't involved in that one other than owning a copy but it looks like its put together well.

ok, please share that info.....you can email me if you like.

A game meat cookbook sounds like a good addition. My wife has put together two cookbooks in the past few years. We requested recipes from our customers and gave free cookbooks to all who responded. She used Cookbooks by Morris Press for the printing. We were happy with the cookbook and have reordered several times.

Count me in. I can come up with recipes for home and out in the woods. Maybe there can be two sections - home and woods? Lots of great food can come from a dutch oven.....

• Like 1