Sign in to follow this  
dcshorthairs

Our fallen comrades...

Tomorrow hundreds of fire departments from across the state will travel to pay respect to the 19 fallen firefighters in Prescott. Please pray for all involved and traveling tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there...

IMG_2025.jpg

• Like 1

GOD bless our first responders and all that protect and heal!

Members of our Honor Guard will be participating in the service. Wish I could be there myself. I am hoping that it will be televised.

They will never be forgotten.

Jeff

Can't stop watching any/all media & blogging coverage of the entire thing. At the same time, I can't seem to discuss it with anyone without starting to choke & tear-up.

Bless them and their families & loved ones!

S.

• Like 4

All this makes me wonder why do we all grieve so much for these firefighters but not for the military personnel that die every day? I wish there was more of an outpouring for our lost military members and their families. They continue to die or get maimed everyday in horrific ways. Just a reminder. God bless them all.

• Like 4

/>All this makes me wonder why do we all grieve so much for these firefighters but not for the military personnel that die every day? I wish there was more of an outpouring for our lost military members and their families. They continue to die or get maimed everyday in horrific ways. Just a reminder. God bless them all.

I think this one hit a little "closer to home", that's all. Mainly because they're a local bunch of boys. In the grand scheme lf things, the ultimate sacrifice is all the same. Military and Fire personnel will say the same. I agree that we should all be JUST as thankful to anyone who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Im extremely thankful for our military and their sacrifice. But today's unique to AZ, especially Prescott. In honor of those 19, their families, friends and co-workers, I think they can have a few hours of praise.

• Like 3

And just to add. Amongst all of this, it's easy to remember the number "19". Lets not forget #20.

• Like 1

And just to add. Amongst all of this, it's easy to remember the number "19". Lets not forget #20.

+1 for the lone survivor. He will live with this the rest of his life, thats going to be tough to deal with.

Oh and just to make sure no one misinterprets what I was trying to say above, let me clarify my comment. I fully support the honors and praise being laid on these 19 brave men that lost their lives, but I worry that we get a little complacent about the military personnel dying everyday for our country. I wish EVERYONE who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our country (military) or our property (firefighters) or our safety (police) or even our wildlife (AGFD agents) received the same level of honor. I think it is so important to remember the sacrifices made for us. The loss of these young men makes my heart bleed as does the loss of our brave military. As I said before....God Bless them all and their families.

• Like 4

This ones been tough for me. Seeing those guys and the pictures of their kids and wives tears me up. I have shed more than a few tears thinking about them. As a kid I always wanted to be a hot shot, my dad and uncles all fought fire growing up in Yellowstone and I read Young Men and Fire when I was 13.

I gave up on my dream when I got married and settled into an office. I am jealous of those guys, their passion and the way they lived their lives. I guess it hurts cause I know they were more man than I, and paid for it. God bless them, their families and their comrades.

• Like 2

Oh and just to make sure no one misinterprets what I was trying to say above, let me clarify my comment. I fully support the honors and praise being laid on these 19 brave men that lost their lives, but I worry that we get a little complacent about the military personnel dying everyday for our country. I wish EVERYONE who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our country (military) or our property (firefighters) or our safety (police) or even our wildlife (AGFD agents) received the same level of honor. I think it is so important to remember the sacrifices made for us. The loss of these young men makes my heart bleed as does the loss of our brave military. As I said before....God Bless them all and their families.

Amanda: I don't believe anybody would mis-interpret what you said and was trying to say. I believe we all (CWT'ers) understand the sacrifices made by all that RUN towards the fire, be-it flames or bullets. They ALL deserve our respect, prayers, praise and a helping hand when they are down. WE ALL NEED TO WALK A MILE IN THEIR SHOES. For all those that have; THANK YOU!!!

• Like 1