Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Forest Rd closed due to bears

I fight the forest service mentality on road closures on a regular basis in my neck of the woods. I am convinced that they have forgotten who is paying the bills, including their salary. We taxpayers are routinely ignored when decisions are being made. I recently went thru a forest service manned road block. When the guy asked me if I had a permit to go into that area, I said , "yessir I do...its called the constitution and I"m an American citizen. I own a piece of every acre of forest land in this country! I dont need nor do I ask for your protection. I am going to check on my investment." He looked totally confused and I drove on thru his roadblock. On the other hand, it hasnt been too many years ago, that a girl was mauled by a bear in the mountains above Tucson. Her family sued the forest service and won. There is no limit to stupidity in this country. Time for clear thinking americans to demand to have their rights respected!

• Like 4

"I am convinced that they have forgotten who is paying the bills, including their salary. We taxpayers are routinely ignored when decisions are being made." - muleskinner

It seems to be an epidemic in all branches of government.

Is the road still closed? I would have thought someone up there has a firearm and an extra bullet. BANG! Ok, let's open this road back up and put up signs warning about wild bears.... in the forest.... cuz, you know, some people might not know that there are wild bears up here..... in the forest... you know, the forest, as in a bear's natural habitat... <------ MASSSIVE amounts of sarcasm.

I cant wait to call Wednesday morning to make sure my hunt is still open... I will find a way up there and hopefully take one of those "nuisance" animals out. God forbid they run around the woods like they belong there, that's crazy talk !

• Like 1

I fight the forest service mentality on road closures on a regular basis in my neck of the woods. I am convinced that they have forgotten who is paying the bills, including their salary. We taxpayers are routinely ignored when decisions are being made. I recently went thru a forest service manned road block. When the guy asked me if I had a permit to go into that area, I said , "yessir I do...its called the constitution and I"m an American citizen. I own a piece of every acre of forest land in this country! I dont need nor do I ask for your protection. I am going to check on my investment." He looked totally confused and I drove on thru his roadblock. On the other hand, it hasnt been too many years ago, that a girl was mauled by a bear in the mountains above Tucson. Her family sued the forest service and won. There is no limit to stupidity in this country. Time for clear thinking americans to demand to have their rights respected!

Unfortunately litigation has become the way of our world.....and common sense has gone out the window............

More people are injured and killed due to collisions with elk then by encounters with bears. Maybe we need to close roads for that reason too.

If for no other reason we need to do it for the elk. At least set up a training program to teach them to cross at designated areas that we already have marked for them.

(also heavy on the sarcasm)