Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector

Ulmer Edge

I shoot them. Very accurate out to 120yards! I have only shot one animal with them, a muley that was quartering to me. I had an awesome blood trail and the broadhead was still in great shape afterwords. I'm going to actually use them for my elk hunt this year just because how accurate I can shoot them. I like the practice mode also, my only complaint is 2 of the little pieces sticking out of the ferrel have broken off in the target, while in practice mode but other then that they are pretty awesome.

I shot my Utah buck with one last year and was really impressed. Shoots just like my practice field tips.

The archery shops around town should carry them and it sounds like some of the others on here have seen them at the bigger chain stores as well.

I've been wanting to try them for a while. I work right by Bass Pro and spend a lot of lunch breaks there, but haven't seen them there yet. I'll check out Sportsans. Thanks

I've shot this BH since it was designed, even used a prototype on a bull elk I killed in 2010.

First and foremost I am a fixed head kind of guy, I don't like worrying about pre mature deployment, etc..but I can say that I have had some incredible blood trails with the Ulmer BH and am a huge fan, if I'm going to use a mechanical head I like the ulmer or the T3 by G5.

There are two advantages of the Ulmer over all other mechanical heads that I know of, both have been stated above.

1st. Practice mode. I hate shooting a bh and then having to take it off to change blades or change from practice head to hunting head. I like knowing that what I shot in practice is what I will shoot at an animal.

2nd Accuracy. I have never encountered a BH that shoots as well as this head at all distances. period.

The only downside I can see is that it is 2 blade over 3, but I've never found that it matters.

My .02

• Like 2

I have the Ulmers on my arrows and hopefully I can let one fly this weekend.

I recently acquired some and I was very impressed on how accurate these heads are and like Mtnman said the practice mode is a big plus.

I personally think they look a lot like shwackers with a different name on them, and a higher price tag!

I cannot buy "schwackers" based on their name alone and by that I mean it sounds like those who designed let their 5 year old kid give them their name..

Thanks bonecollector for starting the thread and WHT_MNTMAN for your continued input on these UE posts.

My friend shot his bull at 101 yards last year. Double lung passthru and dead elk before 75 yards. Mature bull also.70lb 425 grain set up.

nevermind on the 5 year old kid, I just read about good old Hank Parker taking them over and naming them.. It all makes sense now!