Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Floating the Salt

Woke up yesterday with the idea of floating the Salt River so I called a few friends and only one taker. Since it was a last minute decision we got a really late start, 1:30, and decided we would get out at Coons Bluff with so little time to spare. The wind kept us on the river longer than expected and we pulled our tubes out at last light with a thunder storm fast approaching. It was dark by the time Peg and Angie headed back to the start of the river but at least I had the rest rooms to get in if the rain got to bad. All the cars had left and now it was just Lexie and I standing in the parking lot with thunder & lightning cracking all around us. Lexie loves the sound of thunder and thought this was really neat hanging out. As we waited for the truck to arrive someone out of the dark came walking up and wanted to know if this was take out #5. He had left his group at #3 take-out, do to the storm, and was working his way down the river looking for his car. He and his group would have been in for a long wet night if he hadn't walked out of the river when he did. Peg and I drove him a few more miles down the river and eventually found his car. He had just got out of the service, after 10 yrs, and we thanked him for his service to our country and he likewise thanked us for a ride. It made for a good day knowing we had helped which might have turned ugly for him and his group.

Here's a few pictures.

post-1903-0-39010400-1374427222_thumb.jpg

The start of our float

post-1903-0-85579200-1374427304_thumb.jpg

Lexie with her grass wig

post-1903-0-07089500-1374427338_thumb.jpg

Peg & Angie enjoying the river

post-1903-0-40249800-1374427397_thumb.jpg

Sheriff running their jet boat. Now that looked like fun.

post-1903-0-05335200-1374427444_thumb.jpg

Lexie must have watched every dove that flew by and wondered why I wasn't shooting.

post-1903-0-21426600-1374427486_thumb.jpg

Lexie relaxing after a day of swimming in the river.

post-1903-0-51331600-1374427272_thumb.jpg

Lexie & I shared her new ride together.

post-1903-0-30014100-1374427518_thumb.jpg

While waiting for Peg to get back with the truck, Lexie and I wait out the storm that I didn't think was as much fun as Lexie did.

Cool pics, and man's best friends. Who's in charge....you or Lexie.? :lol: Looks like fun!

She was completely in charge the whole day. Peg, Lexie, and I are moving a little slow this morning. Might be getting a little to old for this stuff. :lol:

TJ

Looks like a lot more fun than I had yesterday. Be glad When I can take this boot off my foot and stat doing some outside stuff.

Looks like a great time was had TJ.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Lexie is livin right. ;)

Thanks for the pics and story TJ

That looks like a great day. I hope to tube the Salt someday.

Just let me know when and I'll set it all up. Got the 5th wheel parked in the back yard and between the house and it ya'all can stay here. Bring the dogs and let's party. :D

TJ

Awww looks like a blast! Although, I showed Roger the pictures and he doesn't care how safe Peg says it is... He said he'll bypass river and the drive the truck to drop us off then pick us up :P

I grew up in Phoenix and spent lots of time floating the Salt River. No rivers like that in SE Arizona. Your post brought back lots of great memories. Thanks!