Sign in to follow this  
tomgobbler

camera senerio what would you do

so here is the deal, my brother and I put out a camera here close to home on a trick tank to see what kind of deer were hitting it as his wife has an archery tag, and we are trying to find her a decent spot to possibly set up. So was wondering what kind of bucks were coming into the tank.... the camera has been out 3 days, and our truck tracks were the only ones in there in a week or two ( rains had washed everything else out) the road dead ends and you have to walk a 1/2 mile or so.... ours was the only boot tracks in there..... so my brother calles me today, he had the day off and decided to check it although it had only been 3 days..... there was ONE set of tire tracks on ours.... he gets to the trick tank and our camera is gone , and a NEW ONE ON THE NEXT TREE OVER in a lock box is on the tree!!!! so they take our camera and put in a new one, and add a salt lick..... would you really be that stupid to take ours and leave yours???? so what would YOU DO.... ????

I would have put a bullet hole in the dam thing.

• Like 1

You can't make assumptions it may be a third party that took your camera. Try leaving a note to see what kind of a response you get. I hate thieves !!!

If I knew absolutely without a doubt they did it, they'd probably find a map to a secret spot some 10+ miles off in a roadless area telling them that's where their camera is, or will be once mine is safely returned to the tree they found it! Or GPS cords :) I hate thieves!!!

Be very carefull and do not make a rash decesion. You don't know if that person stole the camera or if someone else did. Leave a not and see what happens. Be the better man and lead by example!

Adam

• Like 5

it has rained!!!!!!! their boot tracks go from there truck to my camera over to hang there camera and then back to there truck..... NO OTHER tracks.... mine and theres.... unless a crow flew in and took it or something else with wings.... so no I did NOT see them actually do it....

it has rained!!!!!!! their boot tracks go from there truck to my camera over to hang there camera and then back to there truck..... NO OTHER tracks.... mine and theres.... unless a crow flew in and took it or something else with wings.... so no I did NOT see them actually do it....

That is enough evidence for me.

• Like 1

I you take it don't leave a note with any info that they can go to Leo's with it take it and say thanks for trading and hope you got a better cam. Use there cam at a different spot

If I was absolutely sure it was the thieves camera, I'd take it out! By taking it out I mean going out there, coming in from behind the camera, strap a couple 2 or 3lbs of Tannerite to the front of it, then back away and proceed with CAUTION! Then I'd gather the remains and leave them where IT originally was. Whoever it was would probably thnk twice about steeling others hard earned equipment when they show up to retrieve their pictures.

• Like 3

Watch the area to see who comes in or out. If possible, set up a concealed cam on the access trail. Hike into the tank on opening day and everyday until they show.

This will not help you get your camera back, but you live in a small town, the thief probably does also. The knowledge of who this thief is may be more valuable than the camera itself.

• Like 1