ADDICT

UT Highcountry Mule Deer (Video)

VIDEO LINK:

IMG_20130818_113212.jpg

The video tells the story of the hunt. Here's a side note:

This is 75% of the crew. Jonathan Ruspil is taking the photo. Notice Cavett Chipman is barely grinning. HE IS JUSTIFIED!!! I am publicly declaring guilt for a violation that most hunters will hang over... I killed his buck!!!

Cavett and I have hunted together for a long time. He has spent countless hours scouting, glassing, setting cameras, establishing patterns etc. The night this deer was harvested he had first shot. The bucks were single file in front of him and heading my way. I waited as told for what seemed like an eternity for Cavett to let the air out of him--but the buck kept coming. I watched the deer pass Cavett and continue coming up the trail to me. I drew on a smaller buck and waited for him to shoot this guy first. I frantically asked Larry if he was going to shoot as the deer were getting closer! He said he didn't know and that I should take a shot if I had it. In a panic I let my arrow rip and took the buck.

I crushed my best friend. I blew it. I made a decision and it was the wrong move. He was pinned down by a smaller buck I couldn't see. He had the buck broadside at 30 yards.

IMG_18135.JPG

Cavett is my best hunting buddy. He accepted my multiple apologies. I wanted everyone to know that this deer is by far my best mule deer of my life-and owe it to you Soldier!

DSC_00156.jpg

DSC_00564.jpg

"You skin grizz?"

• Like 1

Great buck, congrats! Don't you have an antelope hunt coming up? Looking forward to seeing your updates...

if that was the case i would have poked him too if i was you. so why didnt your homeboy shoot, was he giving you the buck? that thing is a toad, awesome job my man.

Dude, Zac, that's a nice azz buck! When I saw the pic I immediately knew he was your best yet. Congrats.

I've seen you with quite a few nice deer on several posts. Congrats on another. If you don't mind me asking... Do you have a full time job? In order to continually harvest big deer means you have to know where to hunt/scout, which takes a lot of time. How do you have the time to do this if you have a full time job? I'm thinking about another job field because running your own business leaves a rare Saturday afternoon and every once in awhile a Sunday. It depresses me very much to not be able to hunt/scout.

Thanks guys! Yes Im chasing antelope in AZ starting today. No love yet but Ive got my goat pinned and itll be a task to take him out!

Notime2hunt:

I have a career that enables me to have the fall and winter off. Works great with my hobbies!

Awesome Video for an awesome buck! Right on!

If that video doesn't get you fired up something is WRONG! Cant say enough how that just made my night! Best video Ive seen in a while. U DA MAN!!!