Sign in to follow this  
Elkhunter1

350LBS!

Nope not what you think!

As I got to my parking spot I almost hit a doe AND a person. As I was climbing the hill I looked back and saw 8 guys carrying burlap packs and one guy brushing the tracks off the road, he was also providing "over watch" for the others. It looked like he had an AK. He looked back and saw me calling Border Patrol, after that they picked up the pace. As BP and Omaha came on scene I was able to guide them in on my last sighting of the group by talking to one of the K-nine units. Before it was all said and done there was a dozen trucks and two Helos providing support. Patrol Agent Jeramey called when they were done to thank me for my help and to advise me they got half of the guys, all of the dope, radios, cell phones,maps and other Intel. He also estimated the weight at 350lbs. Those bozos trekked right through the canyon I was going to hunt. they ruined my hunt so I returned the favor by ruining their day and giving them some jewelry to ware. Getting the news did brighten what was a very frustrating day!

I would to the same thing again in a heartbeat!!!!

Sorry no pics! I was concentrating on getting Omaha in on the group.

• Like 9

What the heck? You mean Obama hasn't talked the border into being secure yet??? Blasphemy!

Wow Steve...not the kind of excitement I hoped to hear about from your hunt today....same parking place and canyon as we went yesterday or were you in a different spot?

Wow Steve...not the kind of excitement I hoped to hear about from your hunt today....same parking place and canyon as we went yesterday or were you in a different spot?
Nope, exact same spot the only deer I saw in there was a few does. Saw one small forky about four miles east of there.

if you were with me we could have taken them and saved the Border Patrol lot of time and money

Nope, exact same spot the only deer I saw in there was a few does. Saw one small forky about four miles east of there.

if you were with me we could have taken them and saved the Border Patrol lot of time and money

Crazy. We were just talking about how traffic patterns had changed some and the changes in habits of the smugglers. Glad you stayed out of harm's way...and great job on the assist.

Holy Geeze, lucky Mr. Over watch did not use the AK when he saw you using the phone. I will be down in Southern Arizona in November and hope to avoid most of that, at least the bad ones. I have bumped into border crossers in the past and they have always run the other way which works for me.

Stay safe out there,

Alex

Holy Geeze, lucky Mr. Over watch did not use the AK when he saw you using the phone. I will be down in Southern Arizona in November and hope to avoid most of that, at least the bad ones. I have bumped into border crossers in the past and they have always run the other way which works for me. Stay safe out there,Alex

honestly they will do most anything to avoid confrontatin besides I wouldn't have had a problem exchanging lead

Nope not what you think!

As I got to my parking spot I almost hit a doe AND a person. As I was climbing the hill I looked back and saw 8 guys carrying burlap packs and one guy brushing the tracks off the road, he was also providing "over watch" for the others. It looked like he had an AK. He looked back and saw me calling Border Patrol, after that they picked up the pace. As BP and Omaha came on scene I was able to guide them in on my last sighting of the group by talking to one of the K-nine units. Before it was all said and done there was a dozen trucks and two Helos providing support. Patrol Agent Jeramey called when they were done to thank me for my help and to advise me they got half of the guys, all of the dope, radios, cell phones,maps and other Intel. He also estimated the weight at 350lbs. Those bozos trekked right through the canyon I was going to hunt. they ruined my hunt so I returned the favor by ruining their day and giving them some jewelry to ware. Getting the news did brighten what was a very frustrating day!

I would to the same thing again in a heartbeat!!!!

Sorry no pics! I was concentrating on getting Omaha in on the group.

No steven you are not getting any more days off to go hunting. LOL. Good stories over the last few days

Talk about some excitement, wow. :o And I take it hunting alone doesn't bother you any? I'm sure your wife doesn't care for it Steve or has she taken out extra life insurance and encourages you to go? ;)

The stories just keep getting better all the time. Stay safe and keep the stories coming. :)

TJ