couesdeerhntr

2013 archery velvet coues deer

/>

Awesome buck! What is that 3 years in a row on the august hunt for you? Way to get it done.

Thanks willyhunts2 and yes i have got quite lucky the past few years hunting the early hunts seems to always work out at just the right time. actually shot my first buck with bow in 2010 and 2011 got one with my rifle cuz it just didnt work out that year with my bow and then 2012 and 2013 and put them down with my bow again during the august archery

Just curious, If it is raining and waterholes aren't working, and we can't use corn anymore. Where are good spots for setting up blinds or treestands? It seems like the deer in AZ hardly ever use the same exact trails. So just wondering what some of you guys are doing? Thanks.

/>

Just curious, If it is raining and waterholes aren't working, and we can't use corn anymore. Where are good spots for setting up blinds or treestands? It seems like the deer in AZ hardly ever use the same exact trails. So just wondering what some of you guys are doing? Thanks.

The area i hunt i have found some natural salt licks that the deer just tear up and everytime i go back the hole is deeper from them eating the dirt i posted a trail cam pic in this topic and if u look at bottom of pic u can see the hole the deer are making eating and licking the dirt or salt deposit or whatever is there that they need. During there antler growth they need the nutrients and seem to hit it up daily if u can find some of those then that would be a great place to set up a blind and see some nice bucks