bigorange

Unit 33 Hot Spots and Honey Holes!

Haven't hunted 33 a lot and now scouting for October rifle hunt...I know the drill this time of year, and everyone is looking for general areas but not hot spots or honey holes. I've done the research and know my general areas where I'm going to start and hope to avoid the masses when the hunt starts...but...

Why lie...I'm looking for hot spots and honey holes! :D If you don't have a tag this year or for whatever reason are willing to share some good spots send me a PM...I have some hot spots of my own in a couple of the southern units for whitetails and mulies as well as some elk hot spots I might be able to trade you...

Not the typical post this time of year I know...no harm in asking though! :D

Thanks!

• Like 5

Maybe this will help.

If it were me, I'd stay away from the Catalinas and most of the Rincons (Although I hear the top of the Rincons doesn't get much hunting pressure). Places to check out might be right in the middle- Reddington Pass. I hear it's a little gold mine where very few hunters dare to venture. #2 might be Peppersauce Canyon areas. Sometimes it'll get some traffic but only the hardcore guys who aren't afraid of a little hike take advantage of this secluded little honey hole. Other areas of interest might be Happy Valley or maybe the top of Mt. Lemmon. All good stuff!!

Let me know how you do and looking forward to getting some of your honey holes down south.. ;) ;)

• Like 3

Tucson Mountains are a great place to start for coues in Unit 33! My wife has the 36B late coues if willing, send cords via PM please.

• Like 1

saguaro natnl monument east :o

Awesome...thanks! I'll be glassing there from the top of the Rincons. They even have trail cam photos in the visitors center that I've been using for scouting. I can probably see Saguaro West from the Tucson Mountains too...sweet!

Thanks for all the tips and glad to see there's still a sense of humor out there! I already gave away my top hotspot just west of the Baboquivaris, but I guess I could share it with a couple of others as long as you promise to coordinate and not hunt on top of each other. :D

• Like 1

Check out above the caves north of peppersauce canyon. Hey double lunger14 I saw that same deer at.....oh I will keep your secret. Good luck

• Like 1