rageinthesage

Another toad hits the dirt

If it was taken legally, congrats. Who cares if its "tame". I think that those stupid hunting shows you watch on outdoor channel has more "tame" animals than this. How many times you see turkeys deer and elk in the same farm field and these guys are killing deer off of timed feeders. Give me a break. I give the guys props for being smart and shooting a beast. Much more respect for that then shooting a ranch/human timed fed deer. Think about it and remove jealousy from the picture. If he poached then he should face consequences.

You guys have way too much time on your hands. But then again I just skimmed through all of the drivel so I guess that means I have too much time on my hands right now too... :unsure:

• Like 1

Polaris. I can't remember the last hunting show I saw where they killed a deer off a feeder. Even so, go try to hand feed a deer in Texas by a feeder and see how far you get. Terrible analogy you gave there IMO

• Like 1

I would like to see some pic's of someone petting or feedind that deer out of there hand or any deer in the park. That place has thousands of people Dailey, weekly, monthly there has to be some pic's of this hear say. I live in Colorado and there are big deer in every little community. Are they "tame" heck no, are they used to seeing people yes. Do the local's consider them there pets yes are they NO....

I've only been in the park a couple of times I have seen the big bucks, elk, sheep. Just saying if that buck was in 9 I'm sure there would be arrow's flying. ....JMO

Bone ... it is supposed to be. But that never stopped Yogi!!!!

Diehard I have some pics ill try to find! In the mid 90's I lured a monster nontypical in with an ice cream cone, got some great pics with that buck. One of both of us licking the cone together! That buck let us pet it and had no fear of people. He stayed around the visitor center on the south entrance. One of the coolest deer I've ever seen. I also had a huge typical about 4 years ago eating sun chips out of my hand there. Same thing, no human fear. Those deer see millions of people every year, and get fed by all of them. I also heard if a giant bull that used to hang out there and let people pet it, I never saw him though. Those animals up there are exactly like pets!

Diehard I have some pics ill try to find! In the mid 90's I lured a monster nontypical in with an ice cream cone, got some great pics with that buck. One of both of us licking the cone together! That buck let us pet it and had no fear of people. He stayed around the visitor center on the south entrance. One of the coolest deer I've ever seen. I also had a huge typical about 4 years ago eating sun chips out of my hand there. Same thing, no human fear. Those deer see millions of people every year, and get fed by all of them. I also heard if a giant bull that used to hang out there and let people pet it, I never saw him though. Those animals up there are exactly like pets!

Ok ok...I've been watching this from the get go.....great read why I'm stuck here at work btw....I will share my 2 pennies...if the guy killed it in the park...sucks to be him! If the guy killed it in 9 on legal ground....not knowing it was a pet...right on! If he killed it in 9 on legal ground knowing it was a pet....sorry bud but you lost the meaning of hunting all togather...

I can say I would shoot him all day if I was in 9 hunting and the buck showed up and not knowing it was a pet.....after posting the pictures and being on top of the world....just to later find out he was a pet....id feel like a turd...and quite emberresed....sooooo maybe he had that happen? Maybe he didn't know it was a pet....now he does and is emberresed???

This is all assuming this is/was a pet deer!

• Like 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This is my cousin with a bull that always hangs around my uncles house. This was taken about a month ago.

I don't blame that bull for wanting to go up to your cousin..... :D :lol:

• Like 9