Sign in to follow this  
Freakycamo

13A Strip DIY

Not sure if the guy was joking or actually wanted detailed info?? If he's serious and I knew that unit I'd pm him and hope he does great!!! I'm not the biggest fan of E-scouters but if their balsy and are well known I'll give up some spots behind private land that are unsuspecting honey holes. a few guys here know that.

Thanks for all the help and jokes, its all good stuff.

Sorry I wasnt asking for secret spots, just a general area to camp at so i dont spend a bunch of time looking for one.

I do not have the money it takes to hire a guide or for the scouting package.

The weather in november has rain and snow; what does that do to the road condision? Will I be able to get out if it snows?

Thanks for all the help and jokes, its all good stuff.

Sorry i wasnt asking for secret spots, just a general area to camp at so i dont spend a bunch of time looking for one.

I do not have the money it takes to hire a guide or for the scouting package.DIY

The weather in november has rain and snow; what does that do to the road condision? Will I be able to get out if it snows?

Ive been up there!! Theres a dang good chance that the weather will be extremely nasty!! Good tires and a winch along with some brains and you should have no problem!! Take along some good optics, they'll come in handy too!!

Like the man said....nasty roads. Good camping spots are few along the road south out of Fredonia, so get up there early...otherwise you are camping on rocks. Watch the Private land up there....get a BLM map if you don't have one. Bring good glass. If you don't have it, rent it at Ross...it'll help a lot.

"Best" mule deer unit is all dependent on your definition of best. Mine is "those units that produce the highest number of deer over 200'' ". So based on that, there really is not room for much debate, the 13s take the cake.

Yotebuster said best unit in the country. Lol. Really??? Just in az I think 12aw is better than 13a. And 13b is def better. This is just my opinion. As far as other states I know there are units in NM. CO. UT. that produce better than 13a. This is in general. There are years where 13a produces good numbers of 200 + bucks. But to call it best in the US is a stretch.

Kazpilot25. What's your thoughts on the best units and why. Do you have any experience hunting the top units in az (12-13). Let's see some pics of 200" deer you have killed or helped kill. I have hunted these units enough to form an opinion ( see "IMO" in my first post). I have a few 200" bucks on my wall. Or do you just see all the "strip giants" on the Internet. Sorry if I took it wrong but your post seems to have a smart a$$ tone to it.