Sign in to follow this  
pepsiman

love the coues, but could not pass on this muley..

My wife and i drew the same whitetail hunts.... oct 25th but different units.. I was trying to figure how to do them both on the one weekend.. I was finishing up my archery hunt up north when i came across this little buck so i though if he gives me a shot i will take it and be done with my hunt so in Oct we can focus on her.... well i had no idea how this evening was going to turn out. while trying to get a shot @ this small 2 point a bigger buck that was laying down jumped up, WOw i had not seen a buck that big in years ... tried to stalk him but he was on to us... so went off and about 1 hour or so later we ended up on a road above where we had jumped this buck, so we parked the ranger and walked over and down the hill about 100 yards or so, i just glassed the forest floor............ and HOLY crap there he was bebbed down abot 85 yds away... wind in my face i started the stalk got to 64 yds... ranged a tree in front of me that was 30 yds ... ok if i could get to that tree i would have about a 35 yd shot.... half way there he turned around we had a stairing match..... he turned back i took another step, he looked again... ok i thiught this is it... if he turnes around where i cant see his eyes i am goint to step aside the only little tree that was in front of me and pull back......he turned i stepped out and pulled back he stood up and i drilled him.... Holy cow.... i could not believe it... good stick we found him about 75 yds down the hill..... I Am still hook on whitetail but i finally got my big Muley... so now we can focus on my wifes hunt in Oct... JBpost-11446-0-57017500-1379430113_thumb.jpgpost-11446-0-73388900-1379430233_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Great story and a great buck. Congratulations on a beauty and good luck on your wife's hunt. :)

TJ

Man oh man!

Great archery buck!

It's great to have found him again with the wind in your face. You had a heck of a great time playing cat and mouse. Just you and him, that's what it's all about right there. Hunting at its finest.

I would have dropped him too. Now you get to help your wife on her hunt! ;)

Great story on how you got your muley! Worked out good for you, now you can join your wife on her oct. hunt.