Sign in to follow this  
buckmaster21

26m pig

Boundaries are ridiculous and city cops not allowing us to legally drive in to hunt areas is ridiculous due to dust ordinance and while im at it although shooting lots of pigs is fun the 2 pig deal is ridiculous! maybe not now or 3 yrs from now but i believe you will see actual trophy size go down cuz we will be hunting juveniles but im sure it is quite a bump for game and fish economy for now kinda like obama printing all that money.. someone will pay the debt, probably our kids.

if they want to sell tags they should go back to open otc javelin tags for January - everybody bought one- along with deer and lion etc.

kinda like all the cow tags for elk - no more big herds of elk in the past 5 yrs they eliminated 100 - 200 thousand elk by killing off way tooo many cows

it'll be the same with piggys people will shoot off the big herds which we are finally seeing after 4-5 yrs of 5-6 pigs some herds are now 15 - 20 +

• Like 1

/>LOL! Trophy Size..

Some care about coues antlers and some of us care about skull size on piggys and for most part that takes many years of aging. some who speak about practicing for deer my launching arrows at pigs probably dont know much about that. they are big game also not a target or a rat or bunny or whatever some consider unimportant yata yatá... real fun critter to hunt especially when short nosed and much distance between eyes! :)

/>What is the heaviest javelina you have taken hog hunter?
Trophy is in the skull size so often the toad skull is on a old frail body. Many 60's miss the mark while often 35's & 40's (live weight) tilt the skullmeter. ;) i use vocals to get them super close and judge width mostly but in pines where they are fatter all way around that rule of thumb often goes out the window cuz they eat better up there and 80% of herd looks like record book thx to people feeding and acorns pecans etc...

*But today for me any pig will be a trophy! Due to divorce and quite a few surgeries i have been out of hunting awhile and now most of my local piggies are no longer legal to hunt so going out to find the mythical 'virgin herd' today for years of fun!

But to answer question body weight i think 74# and skull did not make book so that was the year i chose new technique..

Dear game and fish,

We seriously need to have a donkey hunt i have seen 5 small goups in under 2 hours and not 1 pig or deer track or scat etc..

Those donkeys are something else!! If they ever open a season on them, I will buy as many tags as they would allow. So destructive!!!!!!!! to the desert. They have pushed a few of my javelina herds to different hills.

I use to feel bad for the donkeys. But seriously, they are all over the place. I once glassed up what I thought was a mass exodus of donkeys. In the mix were a few cows with calves. I'm sure we would see lots of heck if a season opened on them. They are federally protected? Shouldn't we keep them off of state trust? ;-)

Only went out for afternoon hunt and glassed up 6 herds of donkey not 1 deer or pig.. every wash donkey tracks no pig, deer, or yote tracks no nothin except donkeys.. read something by game and fish while back where they said a harvest might be necessary but going over many options.

Few more from aguila few months back

Fun to see a few but this is getting ridiculous. i now would harvest if it became legal seems like a problem for our deer and oinkers.