Sign in to follow this  
buckmaster21

26m pig

I was out Friday hunting 26m found nothing no javelina or deer. Heading out again Tuesday tried again.

I'm hunting east queen creek and north mesa and apache junction gild canyon area. I don't have tag on me its at home. I recall it saying until 2013. Ill oost my dates tonight.

My tag just says see season dates. This should onlu be for 2013. New license and new tag for 2014 is required.

Hey guys, what hunt are you referring to? All fall javelina hunts are for juniors, plus I didn't even see where 26M was a choice. Am I missing something? I'd want to hunt them in December in 26M if I could. Please enlighten me on this....thanks, Couestracker.

The hunt came in this last Friday and if you only shot 1 pig in 2013 then you can harvest another on this non=permittag. If you were to shoot one on December 31 you are allowed to shoot another on Jan 1st as long as you bought another non-permit tag. Normally you wouldn't be allowed to shoot two in the same unit as your tag was issued for but I was told from azgfd you just buy another non=permit and Jan 1st starts another year.

So it's possible you could shoot 3 pigs in 3 days. One on Dec. 31st/non-permit, one on Jan. 1st/non-permit or where you were drawn for archery, and another left over archery tag.

Sweet! :D

TJ

Hey TJ, are you going to go out with this tag this year (or next)? That'd be fun! Give our best to Peg......missing that spread and great company we enjoyed at your house that Christmas.

tag from jan still good till 31st only open during scheduled hunts of course just like archery deer non permit tag. if anybody else in north phoenix wants to go out let me know I need little motivation I would be willing to go south also just prefer closer to home. 602-499-4136

didn't get out anymore, had to start planning, cleaning, and packing. good luck all.

Hey guys, what hunt are you referring to? All fall javelina hunts are for juniors, plus I didn't even see where 26M was a choice. Am I missing something? I'd want to hunt them in December in 26M if I could. Please enlighten me on this....thanks, Couestracker.

The hunt came in this last Friday and if you only shot 1 pig in 2013 then you can harvest another on this non=permittag. If you were to shoot one on December 31 you are allowed to shoot another on Jan 1st as long as you bought another non-permit tag. Normally you wouldn't be allowed to shoot two in the same unit as your tag was issued for but I was told from azgfd you just buy another non=permit and Jan 1st starts another year.

So it's possible you could shoot 3 pigs in 3 days. One on Dec. 31st/non-permit, one on Jan. 1st/non-permit or where you were drawn for archery, and another left over archery tag.

Sweet! :D

TJ

Hey TJ, are you going to go out with this tag this year (or next)? That'd be fun! Give our best to Peg......missing that spread and great company we enjoyed at your house that Christmas.

I've been out a few times and have not seen anything that looks like a pig. Could have shot a spike but the people walking their pets probably wouldn't have appreciated it. I've been going crazy looking at google earth and trying to find a place to hunt. The boundary shown in the regs shows one thing and the description of the unit said another. Went to g&f and got a third boundary description. Boy it's been tough for me.

Thanks Tommy, it was a lot of fun to have so many show up at the Christmas party. Maybe someone will have one next year. How about it cwt members.

TJ

Hey hog hunter. If you are down in Jan I might be able to swing it.

Im sure i will. i was finally gonna get after it today and came down with a bug. :(

Ok i have one of these tags and have no idea where to go. I bought one because i was told a certain area was 25m but upon inspection i see that it is not. So rather than waste a tag i would love to find anyone who has a good suggestion on where i can go. I live in east mesa by power and mcdowell

Hey TJ, try HabiMap on the G&F site. That has the unit boundaries as a layer. Good Luck!

Thanks Heat. According to their map I was hunting in 24B and thought I was in 26M like the g&f said. Good thing I had a 24B archery deer tag. lol

TJ