Sign in to follow this  
CouesKilla

Which PSE should I get?

I am looking into getting a new bow. I currently shoot a PSE Avenger from about 12 years back. I'm looking at the Drive and the Vendetta. There about $200 apart. If I go the Vendetta I want to make sure the $200 was well spent. Really dont want to drop $900+ on the Evo or Omen. Anyone shot both the Drive and Vendetta that can provide some pros and cons?

I personally think a brand new bow is one of the worst investments, even though I love to archery hunt. A brand new bow loses half of it's value in 2 years. When I go to get a "new" bow it's always used(2 years old). I can get a higher end bow for the same or cheaper price as a brand new basic model bow. You've probably heard of archerytalk.com There's a lot of bows that come up for sale daily there. It just depends if you can stand to wait till something shows up that you want. Just something to consider. Good luck.

I can't agree more. You just never know how many times someone ran over a used bow....not that I have done that :huh: I think I will check out the used market and see whats out there. My bow is not bad. Its just getting old and figured it would be nice to have newer technology.

if its been that long i suggest shooting a few different brands...a lot of good stuff out there that might fit you better.not brand bashing just a friendly suggestion. Hit a few shops and shoot a few. If the guys are d!cks about it go to a shop that has real customer service and find what feels good on all aspects from grip,draw cycle,valley,let off, and what you will sacrfice from those for speed.

I shoot the bowmadness 3G and love it, i picked it up new at pse out the door $490. They had it like 40% off because it had a chip on the riser. Pse main line bow's are sweet, you have to change the string though. My buddy just got the vendetta this year and it is a very sweet bow. Its all about what fits you though, i went to pse and shot all the bows and the 3G fit me best. FYI you cant beat pse customer service! Good luck to you!

/>I personally think a brand new bow is one of the worst investments, even though I love to archery hunt. A brand new bow loses half of it's value in 2 years. When I go to get a "new" bow it's always used(2 years old). I can get a higher end bow for the same or cheaper price as a brand new basic model bow. You've probably heard of archerytalk.com There's a lot of bows that come up for sale daily there. It just depends if you can stand to wait till something shows up that you want. Just something to consider. Good luck.

I disagree. I have bought used bows before from people I know, but I have bought new bows too. Spending $500+ for a bow sight unseen off the internet makes me uneasy. I know people who have been ripped off. If you plan on keeping a bow for a while, a new bow comes with lifetime warranty and is not the worst investment. I just bought a 2013 Bowtech Assassin straight from the dealer for $499. They are going for almost that much used on archery talk.

Curtis

/> I personally think a brand new bow is one of the worst investments, even though I love to archery hunt. A brand new bow loses half of it's value in 2 years. When I go to get a "new" bow it's always used(2 years old). I can get a higher end bow for the same or cheaper price as a brand new basic model bow. You've probably heard of archerytalk.com There's a lot of bows that come up for sale daily there. It just depends if you can stand to wait till something shows up that you want. Just something to consider. Good luck.

I disagree. I have bought used bows before from people I know, but I have bought new bows too. Spending $500+ for a bow sight unseen off the internet makes me uneasy. I know people who have been ripped off. If you plan on keeping a bow for a while, a new bow comes with lifetime warranty and is not the worst investment. I just bought a 2013 Bowtech Assassin straight from the dealer for $499. They are going for almost that much used on archery talk.

Curtis, where did you buy your Assassin?

Thanks, TJ

I have shot pse for 15 years and the only reason I still do is because they keep replaceing the cracked limbs for free. When they dint have limbs for the bow anymore they give me a new bow. Seems like an ongoing problem with pse. That's just my opinion. You can find good deals on used bows on craigslist to now a days. Just make sure you look it over good or even have a bow shop check it out first. I agree with what others have said, with your bow being that old shoot every kind of bow you can get your hands on then go from there. Just because a Bow is expensive dosnt mean you will like how it shoots and feels.

PSE = Piece of S^!* Equipment. seriously if your looking at getting a bow go to archerytalk and look in the classifieds. always great deals.

I just got the 2014 pse drive LT. Thing rules! Go check out Ross Outdoors. They will set you up. ;-)