Sign in to follow this  
PelaPapas

What Camo Do You Prefer?

Like the title says, what camo do you prefer? I myself mostly hunt the southern units so I tend to use natural gear and mossy oak break up. I like how the Mossy Oak brush looks too.

So what camo do you guys wear and where do you hunt?

Hunting the southern units I use the Cabelas Seclusion 3d open country. Up north I use Realtree AP/APG. I just got a set of C4E gear in Mountain Mimicry, and I really like that pattern as well. Seems like it could be used in either one.

Max1 camp for the archery August hunt, and for the fall I use Cabelas 3D seclusion Open Country. I like them both for either season. IMO I think the max 1 Cano pattern works better during the August hunts because of its green colors, and the open county pattern had more of a fall coloration to it.

Walmart's "whatever's cheapest"

GoodWill's "What you find on 1/2 price Saturday"

Its more of what I can afford vs. what I prefer now that the family is hunting

• Like 4

Ive been wearing Kings desert shadow wherever I'm at in AZ for years. This year I've been wearing Kuiu and I have to say, it is the most comfortable clothing I own, it's like I'm in my birthday suit!

• Like 1

Ive been wearing Kings desert shadow wherever I'm at in AZ for years. This year I've been wearing Kuiu and I have to say, it is the most comfortable clothing I own, it's like I'm in my birthday suit!

+100 on the Kuiu gear. I'm in the process of replacing all of my Max-1 with Kuiu in the Vias pattern. It really breaks up your outline in virtually every environment, plus it's the most comfortable stuff I've ever worn. Hunting or not..

Natural Gear has worked well for me through the years. No complaints and it doesn't require a second mortgage!

Kryptek. Best camo and most comfortable in mu opinion.

Carhartt double faced pants in dark brown, black or grey and whatever shirt I happen to grab.

I to use to use these but the pockets are not that deep. I found some green dickies cargo paints at a used store, that are rip stop and they are awesome and, whatever shirt is clean

Been a Predator fan for years..brown deception is awesome. That being said I wore core4 element in max-1 on my elk hunt and really enjoyed the comfort difference. Also have the open country and like its effectiveness. The mountain mimicry looks tempting when camofire has another sale.

max1 for both southern and northern units is my favorite! I'm also becoming a fan of Kings camo (both desert and mountain). I feel any of these work for desert and mountains and all in between. I will be honest though my army BDU's have done me well both north and south.

I see someone said KUIU. I took a picture of myself in my KUIU rain gear up north and I swear it looked like I stuck out like a sore thumb. After I had a few very close encounters with animals who never knew I was there I figured it worked okay too.