6ANut

My roll model

1 year ago today I lost my guide in life, the man who not only taught me the birds and the bees but also the outdoors and how to respect her. What he taught me around the campfire is priceless. My Pa, the boss man, was a man that not one person could speak bad of. At a time like this with the world as messed up as it is, losing people like my grandpa and your grandparents are the are the reason we are regressing as a society. It is happening even on here. Enough with the hijacked posts, where are all the congratulations instead of, "you didn't do it my way." I look at this forum as a piece of my Pa with all the knowledge that is available, it just kills me to see all the fighting among like minded people.

Attached is a picture of my first bull and my pa teaching me how to gut it. I love getting bloody. I think about you everyday, Pa, I miss you dearly.

post-8664-0-13806400-1381501394_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Well said! Hats off to your Pa. It is an honor and blessing to have quality people in our lives for as long as God will allow. It sounds like he did the right things with the time he had. Obviously you are prepared to carry the torch. It is important that we have a possitive influence on our kids and other youth....and those that act like kids. I've seen/experienced a lot of this around the campfire. Youth hunts are a great way to be a possitive influence on all involved. In this time of division in/from our government, and society, folks need all the possitives they can get. If we amount to nothing else in life, we must prepare this next generation to be better than us.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

Well said 6a. We need to see to it we never forget all those generations that gave us what we have today. I call them the era of wooden ships and iron men. Seems more and more in a lot of ways they would be ashamed of the way things are unfolding these days. Some real adjustments need to be made in a lot of ways. Sure hope we all can right the ship.

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

There's no doubt you miss your Pa tremendously. I'm sure many stories will be told of your Pa around the campfires. You're blessed to have had a great man bring you into this world and guide you along the way. My sincere condolences and I'm sure you will pass on what he has taught you as you continue to carry on your family traditions. Thanks for this post and for sharing this memory of the two of you.

Memories are a true blessing from God.

TJ

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this heart tugging story. Cherish the memories you have with your Pa and all that you have learned from him. Take that knowledge and pass it on to the next generation weather its your own or others, that knowledge IS priceless.

• Like 2

Well said 6a. We need to see to it we never forget all those generations that gave us what we have today. I call them the era of wooden ships and iron men. Seems more and more in a lot of ways they would be ashamed of the way things are unfolding these days. Some real adjustments need to be made in a lot of ways. Sure hope we all can right the ship.

Take care, Willie

+1

There's no doubt you miss your Pa tremendously. I'm sure many stories will be told of your Pa around the campfires. You're blessed to have had a great man bring you into this world and guide you along the way. My sincere condolences and I'm sure you will pass on what he has taught you as you continue to carry on your family traditions. Thanks for this post and for sharing this memory of the two of you.

Memories are a true blessing from God.

TJ

+1!

Best wishes to you and yours. Tough loss, I know. I have been there. There are some things in life that cannot be replaced. All we can do is remember those good people in our lives, and fondly remember the good times.

Looks like you had some great memories, nice post seeing these always reminds me of my losses but also the lessons that were passed down. I'm sure he ment the world to you well said.

• Like 1