I'm waivering on whether or not to purchase and set up a .243 for coyotes... What rifle/scope/load are you guys out there using???

What are you currently using for a coyote set up? The 243 works great but I prefer using at least an 85 grain bullet to maximize the potential of the caliber.

• Like 1

Get yourself an ar10 and use some 70 grain bullets. My buddy uses this gun and kills everything dead on the spot. Fast follow up shots and 20 round magazines. I carry an ar15 chambered in 243wssm loaded with 87grain vmax. It will put a cantaloupe sized hole in a coyote at any distance. Very little recoil also. David

STOMP, I'm using a Rossi .223 which has been effective, but it is a 1:10 twist and doesn't throw anything heavier than 62gr worth a dang. Need a deer-capable rifle with the ability to shoot heavier bullets that buck the wind.

A 243 fits the bill then. If you do decide to get one I would recommend finding a rifle with at least a 9 twist to better stabilze the high b.c bullets for deer. Might also look into the 260 remington. 85-140 grain bullets offer a lot of versatility as well.