Sign in to follow this  
muleybowhunter

My wifes first big game animal!

So her hunt started when we sat down had talked about putting her in for a deer tag, I had made a few calls to some freinds of mine and one suggested that we try for unit 20c, i was game and knew the draw odds were pretty good.

My wife wanted to take her first deer this year so when the results came out and she was drawn she happy, now the work begins i called my buddy and told him she had drawn a tag he said congrats now go find her a deer.

Fast forawrd to a few weeks before the hunt we did some scouting talked to my buddy and he gave me a general area to start. opening morning came and went we where not able to go friday but we had saturday thru monday to get her a deer.

She said she would take the first buck that would give her the shot.this year would be harder for us because we had our 6 and 3 year old with us (we didnt have a baby sitter). so saturday morning came and i was glassing a few hills and found a spike and some does not shot oppturnituy. Saturday night same thing another spike and a couple of does and fawns but nothing. so sunday morning i was on the same hill side glassing as the day before within 30 min i had deer one buck and a doe, mind u the kids are sitting right next to me, i ask my wife if she would like to take a look at him she looks thru the binos and says lets do it. She gets set up on the tripod i pull out the range finder and tell her he is 339 yards and to put the cross hairs on the top of his back, a few minutes go by which seemed like for ever the buck turned broad side and i told her i am ready and then the shot rang out. I started glassing and picked him up right away she had just shoot her first deer, she hit him in the neck and he nver moved again. it took us about 45 min to get to him because we had 3 little hills to cross, when she walked up to him she was smiling ear to ear. i am so proud to have helped her get her first deer and not only that but to experience it with our two little ones right next to us. I also have to give a big thanks to a guy named mike who gave me a ride back to my truck so i go get the deer thank you again and a huge thanks to bob for helping me out.

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-2.jpg

• Like 4

Very cool! Getting done with the entire family! Congrats to your wife! My first year in 20C I shot a spike!

That's awesome. Congrats to her on her first big game animal & congrats to you on finding the best hunting partner a man could ask for.

Congrats on your first deer! The future of hunting depends on new people taking to the field to enjoy the outdoors. Thank you!

Awesome you have good lady there! My wife wants no part of hunting, but she is glad I enjoy it.