Sign in to follow this  
photofool

Big Moe, A bear story

On a predator calling trip to Eagle Creek, I set up my tent ,had camp ready and went hunting for the rest of the day. Late in the eveing when I returned to camp, Big Moe was sitting on a rock eyeballing my tent. He did'nt seem to care that I was there and had all the signs of being a camp raider. So much for a restful night. I slept with my pistol close by.

Sure enough, it wasn't long before I could hear him sniffing around outside. As I reached over to get my pistol, which was laying on my pants. I mashed down on the pants pocket which held my vehicle keys, which has a panic button. Which scared the crap out of both of us when it went off.

I never seen any more sign of big Moe the rest of the hunt. Tip--- Your remote vehicle key has a scare bear button on it.

post-6669-0-70673400-1383275322_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Great pic and story thanks for sharing.

I think Big Moe fell out of the traveling Bearizona tour truck and needs to be relocated to a meat locker.

• Like 1

Good story!

I guess the panic button occasional goes off at the "right" time!

Mine seems to be more of a "look like a jack butt" button than a panic button.

Panic button is a great idea! We were camped in a place and had a sow and cub come through right btwn the tent and the jeep....ended up yelling to scare them away....but the jeep was right next to them and the panic alarm would have worked perfect!!

Good info and a even better laugh! I sure it wasn't funny when it happened to you at the time but It sure is a funny visual!