Sign in to follow this  
WHT_MTNMAN

How do you spend your Saturdays?

This is what I've been doing for the last few weeks. I do not miss all those years of school or the valley.

Since we have church obligations on Sunday, our work/play day is Saturday, This is how the Davis family spends it.

My Son's first Elk,

2013101195065303_zps8370750e.jpg

IMG_20131011_080453_593_zpsb9dfccfa.jpg

My uncle's best buck to date.

dad_sdeer2013_zpsc3ff059c.jpg

IMG_20131026_113914_524_zps6ea24ea3.jpg

IMG_20131026_084616_399_zps9f1d90b2.jpg

Good buddy Ammon's last day he could hunt buck

IMG_20131102_092630_025_zps26d8e749.jpg

My wife and I's favorite activity, the kids whine and cry til we get out, just like most kids will do, but once we get going they work very hard. We probably get 8-10 cord a year for ourselves and family and friends. We hunt in the am and or pm and work throughout the day. I strongly believe that a family working together will keep it strong, and our great country is disintegrating because of the lack of families that learn how to work, individually and together.

We often times come home with more shiny rocks and chunks of "pretty" wood than we do firewood but I wouldn't trade my fall days with my family for anything in this world.

IMG_20131102_152512_278_zpsc5b7645a.jpg

• Like 4

Just waiting till I can locate work up there and that'll be my life. The sooner the better. Life in the valley sucks!!

Love to live in the high country, but construction work up there has the reputation of being pretty inconsistent ... guess I lack the Huevos to risk it.

Great topic Houston! Some of my best memories as a kid/ teenager was being "encouraged" to go cut wood with my dad to keep the fire burning all winter. He loved to cut the biggest oak he could find,, then when we got home he would hand me and my brothers the maul and let us split and stack multiple cords of wood. Heck ya it teaches great work ethic and quality family time. Keep up the good work!

My Saterdays are spent WORKING :( :angry:

+2

Great Pic's though. Congrats to all

Great post.

I get so caught up in the rat race down here in the valley I sometimes dont think about how fast my girls are growing and I miss a lot of time with them between working and being gone a lot in the fall. My wife finally had to talk some sense into me recently and remind me that they needed my time too. Your doing it right man, thanks for posting.