tsquare602

The Buck I Never Dreamed Of

Either way he scores... hes an awesome looking coues..... congrats on your harvest.... still have to consider not many hunters have a 112 on the wall... especially after they have been hunting coues their whole life. Great accomplishment my friend.

• Like 1

Thank you all! I love the way this buck looks and he could, very likely, be the biggest Coues I will ever shoot. I'll post up some more pics when the mount is done (probably in about 10 months or so). Thanks for the compliments and thanks for all the congratulations I received here. It's been awesome reading everyone's comments and estimates. I'm glad my buck has created so much conversation. I'll do my best to be more involved here on the forum. You guys harvest some awesome bucks and its fun seeing pictures and hearing your stories as well. Good luck to you all on your next hunt.

I've got an Elk hunt next month up north so hopefully I'll have someone else to show by the end of it.

Cheers!

-Travis

• Like 1

I have probably looked at this thread 10+ times. I just can't get over it. That is just the sweetest buck I have ever seen period.

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

the score issues reminds me of my gals recent buck. It was her 1st big game and she over heard lots of chatter (while I was on the phone) about scores and mass and width and eyeguards and main beam etc... she says to me whats "book"? I explained to her what it was and she says in a stern voice "I dont care what it scores it makes MY BOOK" this saying has stuck with me since then.. especially coming from a very modest and soft spoken lady..she was very deliberate and was not to be swayed in a numbers game.. I have chosen to model this outlook!!!!! Great job as Im sure this one will make "book"!!!!

• Like 2

What an amazing buck. This is why we all hunt for a chance at an animal like your buck. It just so happened that your time came on one of your first attempts. Great Job!!!!

• Like 1

is he a 15 pt?

It depends on what you consider a point. If we go by the books requirements it would be called a 6x6 here in the west. On the east coast it would be called a 12 point. If I count all the points reguardless of how long each of them are it would be an 8x8 or a 16 point.

I've been calling it a big 6x6.

Well, my luck continued this year. :)

I had a late 22N Bull elk rifle tag and last Tuesday I was able to tag out. A couple friends and I glassed this bull up from over 1 mile away. Mid Morning I started my stock. It took me 4 1/2 hours to stock in on him. I got to within 300 yards and watched him bed down. Just before 2pm I set up my rifle and decided to try to get him to stand up so I took aim and started whistling and yelling. After about 5 solid minutes of me making a bunch of noise a couple cows stood up near him and he stood up right after they did. As soon as he did, I took a shot and hit him really good but he was able to walk about 40 yards. I lost him for a minute behind some trees but he popped out in the open moments later. I took another shot that was just high missing him. I racked another round, lowered my aim and took one more shot. This time I hit him in the spine and dropped him immediately. He was down for the count and quickly passed.

I was lucky I had a few great friends with me to help me pack him out. I was even luckier that one of them had horses. He's no monster but I'm really, really happy with my hunting successes this year. Merry Christmas everyone.

a0be6f44-03a9-4655-aad1-f349afbc8ca1_zps

• Like 1