tsquare602

The Buck I Never Dreamed Of

Thank you for giving all of us hope that there is a buck out there just waiting for one of us to stumble upon, and strike hunting GOLD! Amazing representation of a trophy class coues. Pay that buck it's due respect and showcase it in a manner equivelent to it's majesty. BLESSED

• Like 3

That thing is freaking amazing. Great job. Heck of deer.

• Like 1

That thing is unbelievable! I have been hunting these little buggers for 30 years and have never seen a beast like that! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Paul

• Like 1

Just goes to show theres still true giants roming them hills.

By the way, whats up with the duck tape on the boot?

I mite have to try that as a good luck charm next time I go coues huntin. ;)

• Like 1

Congrats on your first coues. I'd say he'd do for your first one. As far as score it's hard to guess from pics but I'd say 121 but wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit more. Thanks for sharing it with us.

• Like 1

Obviously you don't know what you are doing.... You are supposed to get super excited, heart rate around 165, bp at 210/143, jerk the heck out of the trigger and miss the SOB!

• Like 2

Just goes to show theres still true giants roming them hills.

By the way, whats up with the duck tape on the boot?

I mite have to try that as a good luck charm next time I go coues huntin. ;)

I wondered how long it would take for someone to notice that. We hiked our asses off on this hunt. Apparently, my boots couldn't keep up. On day 2 the sole of my left boot started to separate. I duct taped it back in place and crossed my fingers that it would hold together for the rest of the weekend. I hiked over 10 miles (bushwacking most of it) with it taped up and suprisingly it stayed together. I have Dec. elk hunt in a few weeks so its time for some new boots.

Congrats on your first coues. I'd say he'd do for your first one. As far as score it's hard to guess from pics but I'd say 121 but wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit more. Thanks for sharing it with us.

121 is my guess too actually. I'm hoping it can score as a typical but we'll see. My taxidermist is going to measure it today and let me know what SCI would score it and an estimate for how it would score B&C.

Obviously you don't know what you are doing.... You are supposed to get super excited, heart rate around 165, bp at 210/143, jerk the heck out of the trigger and miss the SOB!

I'm pretty sure that's what happened last year to me. This year I did everything in my power to try to stay calm and breath slow and consistently. Despite my best efforts though my body was shaking like an unbalanced washing machine and my breathing sounded like I was severely shivering.