tsquare602

The Buck I Never Dreamed Of

Gorgeous Buck. Definitely one I think I have had in my dreams. Congrats to you!!!! I think its safe to say you will be doing more big game hunting. Always nice to have another hunter in the world. :)

• Like 1

Awesome buck , love the character and wish I had one like him. I think what's throwing everyone off on this buck is his main beams and spread. I'm guessing he has around 14 inch beams and a spread credit of maybe 12 inches. Mass on both sides is somewhere around 15 inches or less per side. G2s around 8 inches averaged and 5 and 7 inch g3s. Throw in the extras with the g4s being 2 and 3 inches and I'm coming up with 113 ish. Again awesome buck to say the least but where are people getting 130 out of this buck.

• Like 1

Tsquare620 would you be so kind as to post the score sheet on your buck. Awesome bucks like yours are what I try to learn from scoring wise. It would be nice to see the tale of the tape on such a beautiful buck. Thanks

• Like 1

I made it home from work, kissed the wife and kids and came straight to see if you posted the story! LOL

112 has to be a net score if it was scored right. LOL

Either way its got to be the buck of the year!

Jeff

• Like 1

Couesmagnet your estimates are pretty darn close. I dont have an official scoresheet but ill try to get one from bnc when its scored.

Unofficially.(my measurements)..

Inside spread of main beams: 10 1/4"

Main beams: 14 1/4" and 12 1/2".

G1's : 2 1/2 and 3"

G2: 8 1/4" and 8 1/4"

G3: 5 3/8 and 6 1/4"

G4: 3 5/8 and 2"

G5: 1 1/4 and 2"

H-1: 3 5/8 and 3 3/4

H-2: 4 and 4

H-3: 4 and 4 1/8

H-4: 4.5" and 4.5"

Total gross estimate (mine)... just over 112.

My Taxidermist score (sci and p&y certified) : 112 3/8" Gross

It has over 102" of antler but the inside spread is narrow. I like to think of him like a bobcat (the machine not the animal) hes compact but packs a HUGE punch.

• Like 1

Thanks tsquare620 for posting the tale of the tape for us all. Scoring these little guys is always a challenge, and it's a real challenge with extra special bucks like yours. Again , that is an awesome buck regardless of score, and i hope you get another one like that soon. Welcome to the site, and good hunting to you in the future!!!!

Awesome buck for sure. He does look bigger than 112 but even if that is correct, that is still a huge buck, bigger than most people will ever harvest.

I love the excitement in your pictures and posts. So often hunters try to give the "tough guy" look in their photos but it is refreshing to see your joy and excitement.

Congrats on a buck of a lifetime.

• Like 4

Well everyone else has posted so its only right that I do...from what I see you have accomplished two incredible things here. First of all you shot an absolutely beautiful coues buck. He really is unique and special. Secondly, and almost as impressive, is you have most of the people posting actually saying your buck is BIGGER than it scored!! Now that is quite a remarkable thing believe me! In all seriousness though, you really do have a very special trophy there. Big time congratulations.

• Like 1

I guess Casey is out a paycheck??? HAHAHA

Firstcoueswas80 owes us all a cheese burger from the chuckbox down in tempe. I like mine medium rare, hows everyone else like theirs cooked. Just kidding, who hasnt been off on these awesome deer we all love to hunt, i know i have several times over the years. Scoring these things requires holding and scoring and making lots of mistakes over the years on several bucks. Every time i've been off over the years i always learn why i was and what threw me for a loop. The best way to really get a handle on the scoring these deer is to get as many big bucks in your hands as possible and sit down and score them, guessing first before you score them. In my opinion this is how you really learn. Everytime we shoot a really big buck we guess first and then after harvesting him figure out where and why he was either bigger or smaller than he actually was. On live deer i'm still trying to get a gauge on how to really judge body size cause that's the number one thing you have to know first in order to judge the deer relative to his body size. We've had some deer we've shot that had huge looking racks relative to body size and shot them thinking they were 110ish only to get up to them to realize they had very small bodies, and they go 102 to 105. If anyone has a method on judging body size in the field it would be nice if they would share this method with us all. It's the lone buck standing there on a ridge that it would be nice to have a method to judge body size. I was just kidding about the burgers firstwas80.