Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

12a Turkey

I know it's a long way away but I will be going to 12a for the later turkey hunt it is my first time to the area, as well as my first time hunting turkey. Anyone have advice on how to? Will calling still be working? What is the weather like during that time?

Had this hunt last year. It is a haul from the valley but great location.

There is a few threads on here regarding 12A turkey's with good information on how to hunt them up there.

Depending on snow fall you could have dry or wet conditions for that late hunt.

A word of advise as well, keep your eye open for turkey hunting seminars hosted by a few members on this forum including Little Creek Calls @ Sportmans Warehouse in Mesa or Jay and Darr at Bass Pro.

PM if you need more info for 12a. Good luck!

Was up there last weekend for the kids doe hunt, we saw 12 different flocks the 2 smallest had 5 and 6 birds and the largest

I counted 49 toms,been hunting there since 1977,by far the most turkeys I have ever seen on one trip.

Seldom Drawn

There's no shortage of turkey on the Kaibab this year! Good luck on the Spring hunt!

I've got the first hunt. Haven't been up there in a while but I heard the numbers were really good this year. Hopefully the snow doesn't pile up too deep and kill them off

I've got the first hunt. Haven't been up there in a while but I heard the numbers were really good this year. Hopefully the snow doesn't pile up too deep and kill them off

The numbers always seem to be great in the fall and then drop big time if the snow is heavy. My daughter has the first hunt and I'm still waiting to see if I got a leftover tag for the 2nd hunt. Hope there are good numbers this spring!