Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

One day affair **Updated w/pics**

Well my wife is expecting and even though her due date is 12-29 it looks like the baby is trying to get here early. So I don't dare get away from home for too long. So I am making a one day run out to the desert tomorrow. Here is hoping.

**Update**

Well I left the house this morning at oh dark thirty and met up with the guys in camp before light. It was a short drive to our take off point and first light found us looking over some new country. At 9:00 we were looking at a group of three bucks bedded just 244 yds from us. None of them were anything to write home about but the short amount of time available and my love for shooting things combined to make it an easy decision. We looked them over and proclaimed one of them king of the dinks and decided he was the one to kill. After watching for half an hour hoping a bigger buck would appear we decided to try and sneak in and see if we could get it done with my muzzleloader. We got to 135 yds and the first shot was wide right by about 4 ft, guess my nerves got to me. Taking down a king brings a lot of pressure. Luckily the .300 win mag was loaded up and ready to go and two hits later the buck was more than done. I felt bad afterwards when the other two bucks with him just stood and stared at him on the ground. We hunted the rest of the day with the other two guys and of 7 bucks we spotted today this was the biggest. Maybe he really was the king.post-5618-0-54568200-1384661443_thumb.jpgpost-5618-0-17374300-1384661476_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Good luck! I went to Utah for a week three weeks ago our baby is due today. It was a little nerve racking but here we are still waiting. Hopefully we both have some luck today!

/>Good luck! I went to Utah for a week three weeks ago our baby is due today. It was a little nerve racking but here we are still waiting. Hopefully we both have some luck today!

Well I did how about you?

Congrats on capitalizing with the time you had. Good Buck!

Good job, Andrew!

Nice job! That is a good buck in my book any day. ;-)