Sign in to follow this  
ctracingraptor

35B help please Black Friday...

Hi everyone, I've been reading these forums for quite some time. I decided to become a member. I'm mostly a mule deer hunter, mainly kiabab. I am very green to coues whitetail, I hunted them once before a long time ago. I drew the Black Friday 35b hunt. I went out scouting this past weekend, it was pretty cold in the canyons. I spent most of my time glasses, however I only saw a handful of does, no bucks, and a pile of turkey's. Thankfully no Muleys either. Can anyone offer me some tips or pointers, other than glassing till I'm red in the face? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What part of 35b where you scouting at? I have the same hunt?

Those have been good areas in the past but heavily hunted. You should try the canelo hills they hold some decent bucks.

I don't know if I should waste my time checking the trick tanks or watering holes, there was a lot of water on the roads and all over. Anyone have a opinion on which slopes I should be glassing, north or south facing slopes?

Depends on the temps and the wind. If it's real cold I'd hit those south slopes that get more sun. Same thing with the wind, really windy, check the lee sides is the hills and ridges.

Myself and a good hunting buddy will be out there this weekend, if you run across a red ford or a white dodge with cwt stickers on the front feel free to flag us down or stop by our camp and we would be more than willing to help.

Myself and a good hunting buddy will be out there this weekend, if you run across a red ford or a white dodge with cwt stickers on the front feel free to flag us down or stop by our camp and we would be more than willing to help.

I drove home yesterday around noon to 1PM after spending the weekend with my brother-in-law and friend in 35a near Parker Canyon Lake. It must have been the two of you I spotted driving the 83 past Sonoita. I was in a Grey 4Runner, unfortunately I have not tagged it with the CWT sticker yet.

Yes sir, that was us. Was headed home through the fort. Had a good weekend, got one buck down and still looking for one more.