Sign in to follow this  
luvtohunt

6A Late Bull Hunt

Thank you for all of the help. I jumped 3 herds of cow elk with more that 20 in each herd...didn't see any bull. but hope is in the horizon! Found an awesome spot to hit in the morning..Can't wait! Thanks for 6Anut, will pm if needed.

I'm up here now no real elk seen north of munds park. We shot a bull today only to have some asshole shoot it in its death bed and tag it. Cedars are where they are at, they are moving already

Man, that sucks. I've heard a bunch about this happening more these last few years. It's legal, but it SUCKS.

If 6ANut is offering help, you would be well advised to take it.

Amen to that. If anyone knows that unit, he does.

/>

I'm up here now no real elk seen north of munds park. We shot a bull today only to have some asshole shoot it in its death bed and tag it. Cedars are where they are at, they are moving already

I know you obviously hunt 6a but do you happen to have any advice for 5b? Thank you
  • Like 1

post-11603-0-02551400-1386048207_thumb.jpgpost-11603-0-02822300-1386048225_thumb.jpg

here are two bulls that my son and I got in unit 6A. My son's is a small one, but he is 15 years old and he is really happy with it. I pretty happy with my 5x5, it was a hard hunt and there wasn't a lot of options out there. Good luck to all you hunters that are still looking.

• Like 2

We covered a lot of ground and I'm sad it had to come to an end last night. Were having mechanical problems with our truck :(. Thank you for all of the advise/help you all helped me out tremendously. We jumped so many herds of cow elk but no bulls.

• Like 1

/>

I know you obviously hunt 6a but do you happen to have any advice for 5b? Thank you

take the 125 all the way to the 126 head north and glass the cuts up to the mesa.

James

I saw over 100 head of elk north of munds this morning and only 2 spikes out of all that! This year it has been tough up here

Rattlesnake canyon might be worth a check for you!! It's in the quiet area.