Sign in to follow this  
yotebuster

NM Ibex! Better late then never!!

After seeing some pics from this years Ibex hunt I realized I never put up pics from my hunt last year!

I have to thank Addict from CWT for all of his help. Those of you that have met Zac know he is the love child of a Grizzly bear sow and an Ibex billy! He helped me out more then I can describe on this hunt! I also met Kilmanjaro from the site and PSEps. Scott did the taxidermy work on my billy and I couldn't be happier! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking for a taxidermist (he's out of Tucson, you can PM him on here or look him up at Global Destinations Taxidermy). Derek (PSEps) is probably the nicest kid I've ever met in my life, he stuck with us (after just meeting us) and helped us till the end (after multiple misses....) He knows more about ibex then I think anyone out there, and he's one of the most humble people I've ever known. I had some issues with the turret on my gun and missed more ibex then I'd like to admit. We ended up pulling it all together the last day with 264 yard shot on a beautiful coated billy. He isn't the biggest one on that rock, but it's one of the best hunting memories I have, and I got to share it with my brothers! I've got serious respect for the billies on that rock, and the hunters who go after them, they are by far the most spectacular animal I've ever hunted, and I feel incredibly lucky to have gotten the chance!

post-2932-0-20787400-1386896119_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-10639900-1386895930_thumb.jpg

post-2932-0-95966700-1386895963_thumb.jpgpost-2932-0-32719100-1386895982.jpg

post-2932-0-32719100-1386895982.jpg

post-2932-0-95656700-1386896158.jpg

Congratulations on a beautiful billy and awesome mount! Scott does great work!

/>Awesome mount!!!

What do those things taste like?

Not to great! I kept all the meat but ended up making sausage and jerky out of it after trying the back straps. They're tiny animals, so there wasn't much meat, maybe 10-15 pounds after it was boned out.

I am glad you enjoy your L/S mount, Ben. Thanks! I think he came out very nice.

It was also a pleasure hunting with you and your brothers on this hunt. We all had a lot of fun.