Sign in to follow this  
the_real_oneazbowhunter

early xmas christmas present!!!

The day before xmas I went hunting with my kid Jeffrey,my buddy and his kid( Jeff and Roy).. We were able to locate this buck from 3 miles away. As Jeff and Roy kept a close eye on the buck Jeffrey and stalked within 100 yards. While figuring out how to make the final approach the herd got up and started to move towards another canyon. Flanking them slightly and thinking that's all we were going to get for a shot I ranged the buck at 83 yards,drew my bow,settled my pin and punched my release. The shot looked good until the buck turned away from me and my 29 1/2 inch arrow buried up to the fletchings in the "texas heart". The buck made it 150 yards before piling up in the brush. We didn't know exactly what I had shot until we got up on him,we just knew he was a big-framed old buck. After checking him out and taking pics we realized what an awesome trophy he was. He is 29" wide and we taped him out at 168 6/8. Got an early xmas present this year!!!!!

post-4968-0-02580800-1388857425_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What a nice mulie buck! That's a stud there. Congratulations on an awesome archery trophy.

That is a monster of a buck! Nice stalk from three miles!

Holy wideness. Heck of congrats guys.

Fantastic!! Congrats on a spectacular Buck!!