Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

@ cmbbulldog

If it doesn't offer a good 2nd choice chance following 6a, I'm not going to list it therefore I asked for a recommendation in the case that it doesn't. 2 in 1 question so I wouldnt have to bug flatlander again if it wasn't a good choice. Just trying to get my odds where I want them.

• Like 1

@ cmbbulldog

If it doesn't offer a good 2nd choice chance following 6a, I'm not going to list it therefore I asked for a recommendation in the case that it doesn't. 2 in 1 question so I wouldnt have to bug flatlander again if it wasn't a good choice. Just trying to get my odds where I want them.

How many points do you have?

Fact is, if you want an early archery elk tag in AZ, they are high demand. There are no easy to draw tags with the units you mentioned.

If you are set on drawing an elk tag this year, look into some of the late archery elk tags.

Thanks in advance flatlander 2bps for me unit 8 early archery or unit 8 late rifle (non resident)

my dad has 3bps & 1 loyaty point unit 8 late rifle for him (resident)

Thanks in advance as well flatlander. 4 pts for me and 4 for the dad. 1st choice 6a early arch and 2nd choice 7e early arch for me, and 1st choice 7e arch 2nd choice 6b arch for ol dad.

And please fellas no crap about how I'm a newbie, I've heard great things about this site, just took me awhile to join. I give y'all my word I'm not no E-scouter and I'll be here for quite some time.

I could use a little help (my wife would argue I need a lot of help)

I am a NR and I plan on applying for unit 9 early archery 1st choice and 23N early archery as a 2nd choice. Do I have a legitimate chance this year?

Depends on your point level. Unit 9 filled in the Bonus pass and understand that when looking at the Bonus report, 31 of those apps that didn't draw were from 2nd choice (res/nr) guys that drew their 1st choices. You should be good with 15 points. The one NR tag for 23N drew in the Bonus pass and 12 residents that didn't draw, drew their 1st choice in another unit.

2 points for elk, looking at 19a late bull or 21 late bull....also any chance for 7 points for antelope? Thanks in advance

I am sorry I should have said I am a NR with 16 current points looking for a early archery 9 tag or an early archery 23 N tag. Thanks again for any help. I think I am in pretty good shape this year.

Wow, what a guy for helping everyone and spending so much time! Since everyone else is asking I guess I might as well also. I know the first choice hunts will be slim to none but pretty interested on what the 2nd choices will show as

How bout,

1. Muzzy early bull unit 21 2. archery early bull 21........7pts

1.21 rifle goat 2. 21 archery goat ..............5pts

I am sorry I should have said I am a NR with 16 current points looking for a early archery 9 tag or an early archery 23 N tag. Thanks again for any help. I think I am in pretty good shape this year.

You're golden

Have a fun time and make some memories.